Marriage in Agadir

Does anyone know whether a single status affidavit or certificate of no impediment is required in Agadir for marriage? Furthermore, does it make a difference which one I bring? I am from the UK and the UK consulate says to bring a certificate of no impediment but the US consulate says single status affidavit. These requirements are Moroccon so I was wondering if I could bring either? The reason I ask is because the no impediment certificate requires atleast 21 days to be issued and that is time that I just do not have.

You have just answered your own question. Single status it is.

You can get one from the British embassy in Rabat same day.

If you get one from England from your local registry office, you still have to hand it into the British embassy in Rabat and they give you an official one with the stamp. This costs £30 - £40.

I am also from Birmingham - married from Agadir. I will send you a private with all information.

Hope it goes well, it will take around 3-4 weeks and countless trips to the family court and adoul.

Thanks guys. Yas are you sure about same day service? The no impediment certificate requires 21 days I thought. I dont want to put my marriage on hold because of this stupid document.

Does anyone know if my single status affidavit would be ok? I can get it signed from a solicitor.

Yes if you don't have one from England. They can issue you with one but its expensive. I think £65.
If you bring one from England, they just edit it about and charge £30.

You will need to visit the embassy either way to get your certificate of nationality. Also you will be in Rabat for your Moroccan police record check. Be aware due to the amount of people from other countries wanting to apply for residence or work permits. They may take 2 weeks to give you the police record check.

I got lucky, I had my in laws with me. I filled in a form and was told two weeks. So then they had a word with a security guy outside who said fill in another and he will get it fast tracked and come at 3pm.
At 3pm we arrived and nothing, so we spoke to a clerk and said we travelled from Agadir (about 400 miles I think) and he said fill the form in again and he will do it now out of pleasure usually he wouldn't bother...

As for your question. Yes they definitely require a certificate of non impediment.

Message me your email.

Yes....Everyone in Morocco must prove eligibility to marry before the court will review the file.

As to what particular form you use to do this, it is more up to your country of origin than Morocco. It is about your government certifying that they agree that you can marry.

As you are not an American, you should not be using the USA forms. You need to follow what your consulate says your government requires and use their forms. If you already have an American Form with the correct data, I suggest you bring it with you, but you will probably have to transfer that data onto the correct form from your consulate.

As for how long it takes, that is also up to your government. I am an American so, when I presented my divorce decree and passport to my consulate, I had the form signed in 30 minutes....everything is one a database in the USA so once they punched in my passport number into their computer system, they had all the dirt on me anyway. Other Consulates may still require a full background investigation that is requiring several days or week, or some governments may not have any concern on the issue of prior marital status/background and just signoff on the request after you paid your fee.

Best wishes to your future.

Hi ,

I have a bit of a dilemma. I was previously married some years ago. now i would like to marry a girl from morocco, however her family doesnt know that i was previously married. only the girl knows. she didnt want to tell her family.

anway now she wants me to come and complete all the paper work there, but she doesnt want me to tell them that im divorced.

so i wanted to know, as a brit, where would i need to show my divorce certificate in this marriage process. i mean which offices etc and would it state on my document that i was previously married.

also the main thing i want to know is that would the british embassy in morocco know that i was previously married, because if they dont, then i dont need to produce my divorce certfiticate and apply as non divorce..

can someone please advise me..

thanks in advance

What sort of marriage did you have.
Was it registered in the registry office of your city?

I mean to say.
Some people just do Islamic marriage in uk and have nikkah certificate from the molvi and don't register it with the registrar of marriages.

Thankyou for uour response

I was married to a girl from India a few years ago, but that didn't work out. We just got married in India and she got her visa to come to the uk, that's all. So I didn't register it in the uk.

I understand that in morocco they require the certificate of no impediment.  When obtaining the certificate, I have to state weather I am single or divorced. So would it be possible to obtain a single certificate from them seen as though my previous marriage was never registered on the uk?

It's a complex subject as you applied for a visa for her. It may be registered as the foreign certificates are recognised in most cases.

They ask for the divorce certificate and certificate of eligibility to marry in both the British embassy and also at the office of the adoul. The adoul is what I'd say is a business molvi.
He is in charge of doing your nikkah but he needs permission from the court and you pay him for giving you hand with sorting out the papers etc.

To be honest, it will be very difficult to mask it.

To begin with and avoid needing a divorce certificate.
Contact your local registry office in your city. Ask for a certificate of no impediment.
If they issue you with this and it doesn't state anything about your previous marriage then you are good to go.
You are best off checking as your case is slightly complex. They can advise you further.
In Rabat all they do is translate this document into French and print it out on letterheaded paper.
They don't check up as the registry office does this before issuing you a certificate of non impediment.

Another thing is, do you have a divorce certificate and who was this issued by?

You may get lucky with doing the marriage but things could possibly catch up when you submit documents for the visa. As ukba will have all your previous records on file. Fraudulently obtaining a never married certificate of non impediment can cause a lot of issues and stop you from being a sponsor ever and your wife from ever getting a spouse visa.

I don't think you have to mention previous marriage to the girl or her family but this may cause an issue when they find out about it. Why not just tell them anyway.

Hi could you send me the same info what exactly I need for agadir please

@ lizsnap > This thread is very old (2013) . If you need some information about marriage, feel free to participate to more recent threads or to launch your own thread on the Agadir forum.

Thank you,

Priscilla  :cheers:

brother am planning to get married in agadir next month, as am preparing the paper of no impediant as they told that its gonna take time minimum of 28 days, can i get it in marroco, the british emabassy even though am indefinte leave to remain in uk. thanks.