Flat hunting in Tripoli!

Hi everyone!

I am planning to move to Tripoli next month and I am looking at renting a flat somewhere in the city, i guess rather downtown.
By looking at few websites, I found out that rents are incredibly expensive in Tripoli, so I was wondering whether you had tips on how to find a flat there, and what is the average rent to pay for a medium size flat.

I will be living just with my husband, so we do not need a villa or a massive house.

I will very much appreciate if some of you could help me on this!

Thanks a lot!

Hi Sashae and welcome to Expat.com!

I invite you to post an advert in the section Housing in Tripoli, it may help.;)

Harmonie.

Thanks a lot!!

Will do!!

Hi Sashae,
How long you need the flat? are you for job in Tripoli?
  Thanks

Hi Yaklef,

I will be in Tripoli for a job yes, and I will be looking for a long term flat, but I can go for a short term at the beginning.

Hi Sashae,
If you are group of people or many families I can offer to you  many houses as full compound with swimming pool and every thing.
   Thanks, regards
     Hakim

Hi Hakim,

Thanks for your offer, but I do not want to spend 2000 dollars a month on my rent, it just way too much for me.
I am rather looking for a flat to rent downtown, as we will just be two living in the house.

Would you have any recommendations on that?

Thanks

[Moderated: communicate by pm pls]

Hi Ibrahim!!

Thank you very much for your help and your offer that seems pretty interesting to me.

It would be to stay for at least a year, starting mid december.
Could you tell me a bit more about the place: Is there a living room? Is the place all furnished (frige, beds, stove wardrobes etc....)? and where is the exact location?

Thank you very much in advance, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best,

Barbara

[Moderated]

Hi Ibrahim!!

Thank you dearly for your reply highly detailed.

I am very much interested in your flat, but as I mentioned before, I won't be moving before mid-december. Would this be ok with you?
I guess the best would be to be in touch, and if you have pictures of the flat, that would be just great!

Let me know when and how I could contact you.

Best,

Barbara

[Moderated]

[Moderated: Off topic]