Expats currently in Cotonou, Benin!

I might be moving out to Cotonou, Benin for work in a matter of a couple weeks and just wanted to get a feel of who's out there, what kind of things there are to do, how life is there and any other advice you may have.

I suppose I only have very general questions, but any thoughts are much appreciated as I don't know much about the city or country.  And perhaps we can meet up if/when I get there!

- S

Hi! i'am Narcisse from Bénin. I'll be glad to know you visiting my country. Hope to hear from you here soon.
Take care!

Got into Cotonou, Benin just a day ago...if anyone would like to meet up in Cotonou and get a drink or see some sight (do not know much about this place!), that'd be great.

A tout,
- S

[Moderated: off topic]

Hi! Smurfette!
I think it's always interesting to meet up with people from other country. Don't hesitate to contact me if you have a little free time. You can reach me at this number: 66. 48. 30. 59/94. 50. 79. 45
I inform you that you must be patient since I'am not a champion at english. If you agree, no problem. I'll expect for your call in a few days. Take care!!!

Hey Smirfette, hope your stay is fine. IŽve been living in several countries around the Benin region for over 12 years, unfortunately I just left a while ago, planning to return to Cotonou in March 2013. Cotonou is one of the best African cities IŽve lived so far, and I could give you any kind of advice if you still need it, but I guess youŽve already found some new friends who show you cool places. Have fun! Take care 4 now

Hey Smirfette;

I have a friend from the USA that is in Benin. We have limited time to talk due to intermittent internet access.Perhaps I can get an address and you can chat sometime.

Lew

Thank you for your interest.
Good to meet him. I'm not sure if I will go eventually, but if necessary, it is good to give me information. I do from here and 2 other friends from Cotonou.
I have facebook with my name Tasos Tzimpoulas. If you want me to recommend and there.
Thank you again
TASOS

Hi Jeroen,

Altijd goed om Nederlanders te ontmoeten, kom je nog terug naar Cotonou? Ik woon hier nu een paar maanden. Groetjes,
Madeleine

Hi Madeleine!

As this is the anglophone forum could you please post in English?

Thanks
Armand

(Moderated)

Hi,
New here from the States via The Netherlands. What's up with all the black-outs? Any help with hooking up a solar energy system will be appreciated.
Benin is a blast, even in the dark.
Thanks,
Rosco

Hi all - thanks for everyone's messages.  I am no longer in Benin now, but feel free to create a new post on the forum!

Best of luck,
- S

Hi Smirfette,

My name is Henry, I've been in Benin for a while. Having spent some time in Benin, I am curious to hear your experiences. Please find time to share.

Cheers!

Henry

Interesting

suzy101 wrote:

Interesting

This thread is over 12 months old so you may not get a reply.

Hello, Have you made friends yet?

Hello Sheisking,

To whom are you addressing? Please note that this post is dated 2012.

If you are looking for friends or any specific group of people, I would suggest you to create a new thread for yourself :)

Cheers

Mishna