Life in Rio for a vegetarian

I am in the process of relocating to Rio on a New assignment. I am from India and basically a vegetarian. I wanted to know whether life for a vegetarian in very difficult or what are the things I need to be prepared for. Also are Indian TV channels available  in Rio. Also If cI could be briefed on the cost of living mainly on account of food and electricuty bills

Regards

Hi Ramesh,

You will have absolutely no problem as a vegetarian in Rio. There are many restaurants that offer vegetarian dishes and you may even find a few Indian restaurants too. There was one in Botafogo, but it has recently moved (don't know where). There are a great number of open street markets where you can buy fresh fruits and vegetables generally they are on Wednesdays and Saturdays. There is also the Central Market (Mercado Central).

For information regarding cost of living if you read my posting on "High Cost of Living in SP, how to economize" you will find that while it was written with São Paulo in mind, the information there also applies to Rio.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=137716

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog Team

Dear Mr William James Woodward

Thank you very much  for your reply. Your reply was informative and has reduced lot of my querries. I shall contact you when I reach Rio in end July .

Regards

Ramesh