List of US companies implemented in Rio and Sao Paulo?

Hi everyone! Boa tarde!

Would you know where I could find a list of American, French, British companies implemented in Brazil, more precisely in Rio and Sao Paulo?
... or if you just knew the names of a few foreign companies implemented in these cities, let me know!

This should help my job search.

Thanks for your help!

Delphine

Hello Delphine,

I am also looking for this kind of information of information.
As far as the French companies are concerned, you can check out the Franco-Brazilian Chamber of Commerce website.
I have yet been able to find info on UK and US companies though.

Any luck?

Best regards,

Denis

Just about all fortune 500 companies are located either in Rio and/or Sao Paulo.  Try to search for "Brazil" keyword at the Monster.com website.

Make sure you learn Portuguese during your job search. Unless you are transferring from within a company you already work for, you will have a tough time getting a job (even at an US company) if you don't speak portuguese. Brazilians in the business sector already know/study english, so they are your competition and if you don't speak Portuguese, they win over you. Even if it is an American/french/whatever company, unless you have a transfer know that most companies here aim to hire Brazilians before they hire a foreigner...

I am Kartik Mistry from India.
I want to settle in Brazil.
I kindly request you that what should i do to get job.
I hope you will not disappoint me and reply me positively.
Thanking you.....
Kartik

Most of the major global companies operate here in Brazil. You can find out much about them by doing a Google search using the company name + in Brazil. For example if you want information about Unilever then Google "Unilever Brazil".

The EASIEST way to find a job in Brazil is to contact a global company in your home country and ask if they have a Brazilian operation. If so find out if they can help you in the placement process here or at least put you in touch with somebody in their Brazilian Human Resources Department. Be warned, for foreigners it is not at all easy to find a job here in Brazil since the laws require all companies to prove that they are unable to find a qualified Brazilian to fill the job vacancy before they are allowed to hire a foreign worker. It will be a bit easier to find work if you have a diploma in one of the STEM (science, technology, engineering, mathematics) fields.

Speaking Portuguese reasonably well is ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL in the workforce here in Brazil. English is NOT widely spoken, even in business here.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog Team