Predominate language used in Roatan is English or Spanish?

I would like to know if the predominate language used in Roatan is English or Spanish. I would like to live somewhere that the main language is Spanish.

Thanks

La Ceiba on the mainland speak 70% spanish. BUT... The re are many bilingual schools teaching English. That can be a great thing for both locals and Expats

I read that English is the main language used in Rotan.

Roatan is an island. Islands in The Caribbean usually have English speaking workers etc. why ?!? If they did not... There are many other places to go.

As an expat from The US living here full time for many years, I can tell you a lot more locals are learning English. I speak 1/2 & 1/2 Spanglish. It all comes together here in La Ceiba

My wife and I have really been working on our Spanish. I think it would be a huge disadvantage to move there and not know at least some basic Spanish.  That's great to hear they locals are learning English as well.

Cheers

Roatan is predominantly English speaking. Native islanders that are in their 50's and 60's mostly do not speak Spanish, though those in their 30' & 40's are bilingual.  Hondura as a country is now in the process of introducing English in schools country wide, in fact will be sending teachers from the mainland to Roatan to learn English. That said a copy of 'Rosetta Stone' would be a good thing for yu to buy and learn.