Retirement in hiang Mai

Hi
I am seriously considering the retirement process to come to Chiang Mai. As a female on her own, I am a little apprehensive. ny tips, or comments would be appeciated.,

I suggest you view my facebook page, I've been retired near Chiang Mai for 5 years, happily, from Montana. facebook.com/cusanus

You can leave a message there if you want to ask more questions.

You still out there, Jan? Hope everything is well with you.

Jan,

i just read recently the stories of 5 single women in CM.  They were all very happy.  Think it was in the September issue of the local expat association's newletter, which is in print, and on line.  And as an older male,  I feel than I have been in 35 years, spending most of my time contentedly in my particular neighborhood, with every amenity i would want.  CM has a very yin flavor to it, and very civilized...That's my point of view.
As long as the country stays together, CM should be all right.

ExpatNewsletter.net--you might try that---not sure of the month, and maybe in one of the other CM expat publications.
Also, at thaivisa.com, thereis a Chiang Mai forum, and also a ladies' forum, free, search or ask whatever you want.

Chiang Mai is a beautiful city and i know many expats who love to live there. The people are a bit friendlier than bangkok and its not so stressful and traffic jams are less. You will enjoy it there.

p.s. dont forget to take a trip further north to Mae Hong Sorn - amazing up there!

Janjavis,

hope all is ok with you, you come to ChiangMai soon?

if you need visa help please contact [email protected]

best regards and welcome,

Michael.

Hello

michael. you make a visa for what ?? or you help just ?

Because i want comming in Januray for 1 year. study thai and a little english too .. i want find a work too :) because i love thailand and i want stay here ( in Chiang Mai ) .

Best Regards

Jeremy

I have a retirement visa organised through the Lawyer company, when you get here I can put you in touch with them and they will organize everything for you.
1 year retirement visa renewable. But you can not officially work, you need a different visa for that unless the work you do is paid cash and not accountable, then you can deny working.

regards,
Michael

See you soon Khun Janet. You should be here already and listen to Michael's talks on this coming Chiang Mai Friends Group Meeting, OCT 12 month.

:)

[Moderated]

Hello...my name is sherry..i am a single woman..55yrs young..and thinking of retiring in chiang mai...I am also a little apprehensive..However, have heard many positive things about chiangmai..and am also excited  to experience such a different culture...and also interested in chatting with the monks.i would love to keep in touch with you...take care sherry

Its very safe here Sherry and Janet.

You will be happy living here, I believe.

Welcome to Chiang Mai. Let me know if I can be any helps.

Boong

Thank you soo much for the welcome..and best wishes..I am very much looking forward to learning about culture of buddhism..only real fear is yikes...snakes....ewwww...lol...i am going to volunteer at elephant nature park..oct 21 thru 27...exciting new start to my life...thank you again for your words of welcome...keep in touch please...nameste...sherry