Exit Visa for one year for Residents

Exit Visa for one year for Residents.

The new immigration law allows the Immigration Department to issue a Multiple Exit Visa to residents for a maximum time of one year, instead of six months as the previous law established. The advantage is during one year any resident – legal resident under condition one or two, investor, retirees or any other status – can come and go without any limitation, just the payment of the Exit Visa during one year. This Multiple Exit Visa must be paid in the Immigration department near “Carretera Norte" or north highway.  At the airport, only the Ordinary Exit Visa is available – it allows you to leave just once.  The cost of the Multiple Exit Visa is C$ 1,600 Cordobas (less than $ 70.00), however; it must be paid in Cordobas, they donŽt accept US dollars. Obtaining the Exit Visa is mandatory to any foreigner who gets Residency in Nicaragua, and it is quite simple.  Just complete a one page form – in Spanish – and make the payment. It could be for one, for three, six months or even one year. In the main cities there is a branch of the Immigration Department.  In Granada for example, it is near SandinoŽs park.  In my opinion they will be able to sell the Multiple Exit Visa too.

Paul Tiffer

Hi Paul Tiffer:

Thanks for giving details on the new immigration law and other useful details.

Regards,

Varushen.

Hello readers:

I am glad to inform you than Nicaragua now is part of The Hague Convention (Apostille Treaty ) which entered into force in Nicaragua on 14 May 2013, abolishing the requirement for legalization or authentication of foreign public documents by the local and state authorities and by the Nicaraguan Consulate abroad, for the countries which are members of the Convention.

As of now any residency applicant under any category from the countries under the Convention, just need to Apostille their documents - Birth Certificate, Police Record,  Health Certificate, Marriage License etc., and have them translated to be accepted in Nicaragua.

This new rule will make a simpler process to the people who need to submit their documents in Nicaragua as retirees, foreign investors, missioners, etc.

In USA the agency in charge to Apostille is NAAS – National Association of Secretaries of States – and can be contacted by: http://www.nass.org/index.php?option=co … Itemid=484
I afraid Canada is not part of the Convention of Hague for Apostille, so they must continue authenticating. They has two options:
First legalized in the Department of Foreign Affair and International Trade in Ottawa, and them in any Nicaraguan Consulate in USA.
Second and faster is to legalized in Canada in the Department of Foreign Affair and International Trade, in Ottawa and them in the Canadian Consulate in Managua, for retirees is free of charge.

The list of the countries is:

Albania, Alemania, Andorra, Antigua y Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Azerbaiyán, Bahamas, Barbados, Belarús o Bielorrusia, Bélgica, Belice, Bosnia y Herzegovina, Botswana, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria, Cabo Verde, China Popular, Chipre, Colombia, Cook, Islas, Corea del Sur, Costa Rica, Croacia, Dinamarca, Dominica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Eslovaquia, Eslovenia, España, Estados Unidos de América*,Estonia, Fiji (Fiyi), Finlandia, Francia, Georgia, Granada, Grecia, Honduras, Hungría, India, Irlanda, Islandia, Israel, Italia, Japón, Kazajstán, Kirguistán, La ex República Yugoslava de Macedonia, Lesotho, Letonia, Liberia, Liechtenstein, Lituania, Luxemburgo, Malawi, Malta, Marshall, Islas, Mauricio, México, Mónaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Namibia, Nicaragua, Niue, Noruega, Nueva Zelandia, Omán, Países Bajos, Panamá, Perú, Polonia, Portugal, Reino Unido de Gran Bretaña e Irlanda del Norte, República Checa, República de Moldavia, República Dominicana, Rumania, Rusia, Federación de, Saint Kitts-Nevis(San Cristobal y Nieves), Samoa, San Marino, San Vicente y las Granadinas, Santa Lucía, Santo Tomé y Príncipe, Serbia, Seychelles, Sudáfrica, Suecia, Suiza, Suriname, Swazilandia, Tonga, Trinidad y Tabago, Turquía, Ucrania, Uruguay, Uzbekistán, Vanuatu, Venezuela.

Best Regards,

Paul Tiffer

Senor Tiffer. You seem to be the only one putting any useful info on this site. I was aware the my idiot government (Canada) didn't sign the Hague Apostille agreement. Should I get all my document translated into Spanish in Canada or do it in Nicaraqua. Please keep up the good work.   Gracias, Bryan