Wanting to move to Aussie

Hi everyone I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips on moving to Aussie? I am looking to do the one year work and travel visa. I am wondering how hard it is to find work or a place to live? Any info would be great!Thank you

You can do an online search for work fruit picking etc on farms.
Try the gumtree website as many places advertise there.

These places have accommodation.

I have experience in serving and have my degree in hotel and resort admin. I also have 5 years of sales experience. Id like to stick in those fields. Are serving jobs easy to get? Does anyone know where to stay when you first arrive? A hostel ?

As I understand it you may have to spend time in rural areas as a condition of your visa. If that is correct then yoyu may have a problem sticking to your vocation.

For somewhere to stay I suggest you look at backpackers hostels in whichever city you are flying into. They are cheap and also a good place to make contact with people who are moving around the country and may know where work is.Some hostels may have a jobs board with work advertised on it.

Hi Stumpy,
I think the one year work and travel visa doesn't have a rural area as a condition. The condition is that they can only work for an employer up to six months. If they continue to work the next 6 months, they will have to find a new employer. Working Holiday Visa (subclass 417)( for Canada and other specified countries) http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/working-holiday/417/

Hi wanting2movetoaussie,
You might want to try seek.com.au and mycareer.com.au for your job search. Before you arrive in Australia, when applying for jobs, if the posting has a contact information, you might want to state when you plan to arrive and can meet them in person upon your arrival. That way you don't waste more time applying just upon your arrival. Since you have a degree in hotel & resort admin, research hotel websites. Most company websites nowadays have a careers link for job opportunities.

Good luck.

If searching for work whilst in Australia you will still have to get a work visa once you find an employer willing to sponsor you.