Bienvenue en Indonesie

Indonesian has the most islands in one country. Probably some of you do not know Indonesia, but some of you notice Bali Island, Borneo, Kalimantan, and a lot of places that actually is Indonesia. If you come here lot of cheap thing you will find. Because of course the money itself here is quite small. Here in Indonesia if you really do not know what to get, Jakarta, Bandung, Bali, Jogjakarta, and the other island is probably the place you will often visit. The thing is even in the capital city which is Jakarta, not of Indonesian people can speak English. So it is better for you to search for some Indonesian friend to travel here, despite you don't have to pay, because you are friend, you also maybe going to pay less than normal expat do.

The last thing I want to say here, because I do not know what to write more. Enjoy living here, because Indonesia sure is beautiful despite the traffic you can never stand on.

nice :)

Maybe you can also change the title in English, so people arent confused :D

i thought Borneo is Kalimantan...

well...

maybe we have a new point of Geography here

In English, Kalimantan refers to Indonesian Borneo. In Indonesian, Kalimantan includes Malaysian Borneo and Brunei.

Fun fact: Kuntilanak is Pontianak in Malaysian.
Indonesian and Malay language diverged a lot since the 70s. I doubt Indonesians can still read old literature like Siti Nurbaya in its original form (which was written in Malay).

tempo wrote:

In English, Kalimantan refers to Indonesian Borneo. In Indonesian, Kalimantan includes Malaysian Borneo and Brunei.

Fun fact: Kuntilanak is Pontianak in Malaysian.
Indonesian and Malay language diverged a lot since the 70s. I doubt Indonesians can still read old literature like Siti Nurbaya in its original form (which was written in Malay).

nice info, thx