Teaching ESL at Princess Noura U - What is it like?

Hello All,

I'm seriously considering an ESL position at PNU and wanted to find out more about it.  I taught for a large Saudi company some years ago and they were mostly fine. I would be new to Riyadh and wanted to find out more about that as well.

Would love to hear from anyone who has anything to say on this. I need to make a decision very soon (about 10 days).

Please feel free to respond!

Much Appreciated!

Do you see that little rectangular box (upper right) that says Google Custom Search?

Well, you type into that box PNU Riyadh and VOILA, like magic, you'll see the answers to your questions!

Good luck.

Thank you. Actually, I did that and found several posts that are old (from last year and older). I'd wanted to hear from people who've been there this past year and accepted jobs this year, especially since PNU is still relatively new.

Thanks again.

Really?  I thought there has been lots of recent discussion?

Well, I don't know if you've been to Dave's ESL Cafe Teacher's Forum but there is always up-to-date information there.

Good luck!

PS PNU isn't that new--it's been around for 4 or 5 years now.

Actually, I discovered that there are more screens (LOL) to view more recent posts. Go figure! : )  It's my first day on the forum and have been very distracted with this whole job search and decision making thing!
(However, to any PNUers out there) I would still love to hear from people who are direct hires, how it's going for you. I heard that last year was the first year for direct hire. I will have to bring my family with me and wanted to know how that went.)

Dear Kathiri,

In my opinion, ask specific questions which relates to you or bring your worries if any.

If I were you may be I raise my questions

1. Grocery for four people (2 adults and 2 children (10 and 12)
2. How is the schooling and fees
3. How people get entertained?
4. I am coming with my husband, does he allow to do a job here?

these are just few questions to invoke your thoughts on the subjects.

Cheers,

qamran_mushtaq wrote:

Dear Kathiri,

In my opinion, ask specific questions which relates to you or bring your worries if any.

If I were you may be I raise my questions

1. Grocery for four people (2 adults and 2 children (10 and 12)
2. How is the schooling and fees
3. How people get entertained?
4. I am coming with my husband, does he allow to do a job here?

these are just few questions to invoke your thoughts on the subjects.

Cheers,

And since you've suggested these questions, I hope you're prepared to give her the answers ;)

@Alliecat - Yes, one would hope so! :)