About electricity blackouts

Nemanja was saying:
"electricity blackouts are common, but they do not last long".

This is something I fear about, after living for years in India and Nepal. The last year in Nepal we had power cut 16 hours a day... they where giving electricity 4 hours in the day and four in the night. Kind of nightmare!

So, how is the situation in Montenegro?

It is not like this here, we have blackout caused by failure in electric network, mostly caused by overload or storm, but they usually fix it in 15 minutes to half an hour, sometimes 2-3 hours, once in two months or something. But I want to underline again, depending in which area you live in, blackouts are more or less common. In areas with a lot of illegal building obviously electric network is not in perfect condition, but in urban developed areas it is better, and blackouts are not so often. Anyway for all this problems UPS is enough.
Those are my experiences.

Electricity blackouts are common features in developing countries, there are schedule cuts from 4hrs a day to about 12-16 hrs also. More so in summers, because of load sheddings. But these schedules cuts quite often become unscheduled and ultimatly blackouts.
Reasons are many,theft,corruption and inefficient and indesciplined departments and administration.

I have to reply to this. Most of the blackouts are not scheduled, they are emergency blackouts, and they are more common in winters because of stormy weather, and mostly caused by bad infrastructure, which is, I have to add this, also damaged during NATO invasion on Serbia and Montenegro, by special graphitic bombs designed to destroy electric network .

Thank you Nemanja, i got it.
We had the same problem in Italy during stormy weather and with the snowfall in wintertime. We were living in the countryside, so they where not so quick in fixing it!
And, I do not think Montenegro is a third world country. I know third world country... they are different, believe me!
I do understand the war damage you got there, it was horrible what NATO did in that area. I do not understand why they are not sentenced to repay for what they did! At least that...
I was showing to my husband some picture of Montenegro and he think it is so charming! ... Hope to be able to come soon, at least to have a look.

nikiniki wrote:

Nemanja was saying:
"electricity blackouts are common, but they do not last long".

This is something I fear about, after living for years in India and Nepal. The last year in Nepal we had power cut 16 hours a day... they where giving electricity 4 hours in the day and four in the night. Kind of nightmare!

So, how is the situation in Montenegro?

I can confirm what Nemanja said. Knowing the situation both in Nepal and in Montenegro, I can assure you there is no comparison whatsoever.

In Tivat for example, we maybe had 5 power cuts in the last 12 month, and they never last too long.

There is not need to worry about this, for sure.

Tsarine, more or less Italian standard! ;-)
I'm happy!