Come to Cuenca for 3 months

Aurelie.  Not sure where to post this. I want to come from Canada on my passport for 3 months and get the 3 month extension. If I decide that Cuenca is for me, can I go home to get my paperwork in order and come back to apply for a pension visa on the extension or do I have to wait a year.  Thank You
   Bryan

Hello Bryan.

For more interaction, a new thread has been created from your message on the Cuenca forum. ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Bryan,
My understanding is this: you get 90 day for every 365 day period on your passport alone. The extension is strictly a bonus. Remember, it's not a calendar year, but 365 days from when you enter. So, my understanding is that if you stay for 90 days ( not counting the extension ), you can't come back in country for 365 days from your original entry date.
That being said, these attorney's can figure out all the possible angles, and if you are really interested, I'd talk to an attorney, or the Consulate before you make a commitment time wise. But... I think an in country attorney will afford you better real time information than a Consulate agent in the US. I got some bad info from the Consulate in Mpls., and my attorney in Cuenca set the record straight. The attorney's in Ecuador deal with these issues daily. I would trust a reputable attorney in country more than a clerk in the US.
Good Luck,
Neil