Surveyor speaking English?

I'm looking for a building surveyor who speaks English to advise and cost renovations required on a family sized house in Budakeszi.

I can find Hungarian speaking surveyors but none competent in English.

I could also take a German speaking surveyor so long as they spoke Hungarian as well.

Anyone know of such a person?

TIA!

Do you need something like a formal, written statement in English? Because otherwise someone could just tag along and translate...

szocske wrote:

....like a formal, written statement in English? Because otherwise someone could just tag along and translate...

Need someone familiar with building/construction technical terms, planning and planning regulations and costings in Hungarian and English. Mrs Fluffy could take it on but does not feel able to translate technical terminology. 

What I am finding strange is that professional surveyors for residential property do not seem to exist here. We've been looking for a couple of weeks and we've found no-one!

fluffy2560 wrote:

What I am finding strange is that professional surveyors for residential property do not seem to exist here.

They do, but not generically, but as specialties in each field, with special surveyors certificates that allow them to operate in this capacity. If they have a surveyors certificate, then they are liable if things go wrong that they said were okay.

For example, we had a static (structural) engineer review the roof beams before we re-roofed with heavier tile. We had an architect do the review of the overall basic structure. Once we knew everything was solid and could handle what we wanted to do, then for the actual cost estimates for the renovation we just used our general contractor. Once you have a good general contractor, then life if good (http://stcoemgen.wordpress.com/2012/10/ … pisode-28/)

None spoke English (not even the general contractor). As for translating, there were some "lost in translation" moments but they were eventually clarified. Just takes time and patients.

fluffy2560 I have PMed you the email address of a friend of mine who is a great guy and pro of building regulations (worked for banks and PWC at a point). I am sure he can help.

Hi,

I am a Building maintenance surveyor here in the UK but my parents and family are Hungarian. I have an aunt who lives in Budapest, my Hungarian is good but not fluent. I have been a surveyor for 27 years and a member of CIOB as an Associate and RICS as a student member.

I am currently looking for work so if you are interested please contact me.

Kind Regards
Anna Sigerson ACIOB