Victim of fraud

Hi, 
Can someone help me with advice as I am a victim of fraud in Panama.
I set up a company in Panama  in 2007 .
The company issued bearers shares on establishment. The shares are in my posession, never lelt my hands.
I found out last year someone changed the ownership of the company without  my knowlage.
The legal firm esteblishing the company knows nothing about the change.
Can someone give me advice, is this common in Paname.
George

Hi  Jon,
I read your post and you seem to give good advice.
I am a victim of fraud in Panama, as I established a company , and issued bearers shares.
The shares are in my posession and never left my hands, still  someone changed the ownership of the company.
I do not know how this is possible .
Can you give some advice?
Gyurka

Hello Gyurka,

Don't you have somebody local or a lawyer looking after your business in Panama? Is it really an active business or just some kind of shell?

I really don't see how it's possible to operate a business from a distance, do so in obviously such a passive manner that you wouldn't even know about a change in ownership, much less prevent it. Did you actually ESTABLISH (i.e. set up) that business or was it one that you obtained by buying these bearer shares?

If you actually set up this business, what does it actually do? Why would you have needed bearer shares in the first place as opposed to nominal shares? I'd start by looking at either the lawyer or person you left in charge of the business. I think you'll find that the ownership change started with somebody you know. You will need to retain a lawyer and take legal action against the party involved if you ever want to see your company again.

Hi George,

Welcome to Expat.com!

I have moved your topic on the Panama forum.

All the best,
Christine

Hi Macaé,
I set up i shell corporation in Panama . The corporation  did not  have any activities ., the only function was to hold  assets
To my knowlage someone used a fraudulent certificate, to take over the corporation in Panama and the assets.

Any suggestions,
Gyurka