Enquiry about the company and the salary

I have got job offer in ghana with a monthly salary of 1800 us$ plus accomadation and car and medical expenses. Is it ok for me to leave india and come to ghana for this.

The company is a steel and forging company

its fake bro... keep away from such offers.. they cheat n all...

Not all job offers in Ghana are fake. You just need to make sure that if they start asking for money up front for visas etc that you don't pay anything, as the employer needs to do all that. Also make sure you get airfares and try and get details of the place of work and try and find other employees so that you can make checks. If you are on your own the salary should be more than adequate for your needs.

Just do your homework before you get into anything.

Good Luck!

thanx all of you for your reponse. the company name is western castings ltd where i have got the job. plz let me know whether it is genuine or not

I googled the name of the company - something you might have thought about - and found that it was a company in 2006 but was closed for restructuring. I'm not sure if it ever reopened. It was based in Takoradi.
It is still listed on Ghanaweb but now it is based in Accra and the number listed is 0302230160 so you could try ringing direct.

Thanx bro for your response

The address mentioned in the offer letter is P.O. Box 6581 accra north ghana
Phone: (233-302) 220817/230160
Factory: (233-22) 910170/211830.

Please let me know if the company exists or not.

Regards,
Manish

I have given you all the help I feel I can. If you are still worried you can ring the numbers and see what response you get

i know the company. thy're now based in tema area, 30+ mins from accra in a new factory.

did you get through on their numbers?

My brother has got a job in ghana.He will be paid an overseas salary of US$ 1200 p.m + Local salary of 1000 Cedis + Shared accomodation + Shared Conveyance.Is it worth taking up this assignment?Please give your views.Is 100 Cedis enough to survive in Ghana?

If the money is only for food and personal needs it is probably enough but if it includes things like utilities and transport and medical cover then it might be quite tight.

Thanks a lot for your prompt reply!

Local salary of 1000 Cedis per month is for my food and other personal expenses.The Company is providing Medical Cover,Shared Accomodation with Maid Servant,Telephone,Fax and Internet for Official purpose & Shared Transportation...

How much is the expense for 1 person/Month on an average?Is US$ 1200 a decent salary(Overseas Salary)?

It is very difficult to give you average expenditure as it all depends on your life style but I would think GhC250 per week would be enough if you didn't eat out every day and don't have a hectic social life.
Surely whether $1200 is a good salary all depends on what you could earn in your own country and what your expenses are there. If it is a lot more than you would earn at home then it is OK. If it is not then it is not worth the move.

Thanks...

What we wanted to know is whether $ 1200 is  a decent salary for a Manager position...

1.How is Ghana as a country?Is it a safe place to be in?
2.Can you pls advise in case we need to ask anything else to the employer before taking up the assignment?

Ghana is relatively safe and I enjoy living here.
You didn't mention airfares and visa - these must be provided by the employer.
Good luck

Hi

This is Dipankar from India (Calcutta city)& i really need a detailed advice from you guys at the earliest. currently i am working with a hotel software company for sales department in India (Calcutta city)& earning 60,000/- INR india (APPROX-1095 USD IN INDIA). Now my company is asking me to relocate in AFRICA to  take care of GHANA & NIJERIA. My company is offering me the compensation of maximum per year $24,000USD+Accommodation+insurance. WHICH IS 2000USD per month+ Accommodation+insurance.

I am really not having any idea about their cost of leaving or survival cost. i really request you guys to please advice/ suggest me that, should i except this offer or not??????

as per my lifestyle in India with the salary of Rs: 7,50,000/- INR PER YEAR (SAME AS $13698USD) HOW I AM LEADING MY LIFE, WILL I BE ABLE TO DO THE SAME WITH $24,000 USD in Ghana? Please describe in details, because this will be a very important & big decision for my future career & life.

Hoping to get the feedback at the earliest. You can also e-mail me at: [email protected]

As we have no idea how you live your life in India it is difficult to advise you. You mention accommodation and insurance but don't mention transport and utilities. However $2000 per month is the amount most people quote when stating their salary and generally it is thought to be enough to provide a good lifestyle here