Need information about Burundi

Myself , from India. I got a job offer from Burundi. I am a recently married person.

Can you help me in knowing the Safety, Entertainment, Cost of living and Economical and Political situation at Burundi?

I am planning to take my wife with me if I accept the offer.

Internet says Burundi is a poor economy with mostly agriculture. I believe poorness or richness doesn't matter if safety is there.

I would be really grateful to you, if you can help me in making a decision.

Regards

Hello .

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Hope you'll get some useful informations soon.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hello,

You are wellcome in Burundi. You got a nice project. However, you should not focus your reflection on the economic level of the country but rely on the opportunity available to you to work in Burundi. Of course Burundi is economical poor but people work normaly even foreign people. Security is not totally good but it can not bother you not to work this is because of political crisis. The cost of living is not high the cost of living is not high but it all depends on your preferences. You can spend an average of $ 300 per month for food, $ 200 for accomodation, $ 50 per month for electricity and water and other spendings.

Do not hesitate to contact me if you need further informations.

Assumani

Hi.First you are welcom.So me i am burundian and i live there now.About safety there is no any probleme,yes sometime exist troubles but  between politician not for us.Sory i am not strong in english but i think you understand my message.Think you

Hello dellygedeon

Thank you for participating on this thread, however just for info, it is quite an old one ( over 1 year old! )

You are kindly invite to check out other threads and bring your help if you found yourself having informations expatriates are requiring.

Regards
Kenjee

Yes kenjee i did not see because i am new to the forum sometime i forget to look date.Think you