Very Early flight out of Quito

My wife and I will be ending our first trip to Ecuador in San Clemente.  We have reservations to fly out of Quito back to the US  at 6:15 AM.  on Aug 31st.   We had planned to fly from Manta to Quito the day before.  Since the new airport in Quito is so hard to get to and from, we were wondering if we should just stay in the airport overnight instead of traveling back and forth to a hotel.  Is the airport even open overnight? and would this be a safe idea?  Or would you recommend we do something else. Thank you

If I were leaving so early in the morning I would probably stay close to the airport.  I believe there are hotels close to the airport with shuttles. I am usually for less stress though just before a flight. You can also get up later:)
Hans

how much time should one allow to get thru check in n customs?
In Venezuela you have to be there no later than 2 hours before departure

I think you have to be at the airport a minimum of 2 hrs before the flight. That would mean getting up at 2:00AM to get ready and then get to the airport. That was why I thought it would be easier to just stay at the airport over night after we arrive there from Manta the night before.

much like in Caracas...and if your not there 2 hours early your turned away and have to make other flight arrangements...I was 5 mins late once and and to wait till the next day no exceptions...

I would be arriving at Quito at like 10pm at night...a friend from Ibarra said they could meet me at the old airport since the new one is so far out..are there rides readily available to the old airport at that time of night...guessing it could take one hour at least to get thru customs

One place you could stay near the new airport is Quito Airport Suites, they tick off all the boxes, free WIFI, reliable 24 hr airport transfers, hot water, breakfast included... their site is http://www.AirportHOtelQuito.com

Hello Domenick 11
Have you stayed there yourself?  Or know someone that has?
Looks pretty good from photos and description.
Thanks,  Jerry