Asians and Chileans

was there any possibilities that Asians might experience racial discrimination in Chile?

Brandako
Thanks for your Email

In every country there are racist people  and non-racist people. Chile is the same. No more no less. If you come to Chile to work, realize a project, be happy, there will be no problem.

In fact - no racism trouble in Chile
What would your project in Chile?
Hope to read you

Best regards

I'm planning to work in Chile as a Social Worker. I've read that there are many NGO in Chile that made Chile easier to recover from natural disasters such earthquake... Thanks for giving me a feedback anyway.. that really help me.

I don't think that Asians may experience real racism in Chile. At worst people may stare at you out of curiosity. In that sense many Chileans I am afraid lack some social graces, to realize that is not nice to look without discretion at people they don't know just because they look somewhat exotic...Personally I am a Chilean very fond of people from Japan, Korea or China. Girls can be so beautiful... :)
Best regards,
Fernando

Man, wake up.... anywhere there's racism... even people like you are racist and very disrespectful .... in other countries.....
just be happy ... come here or anywhere with your best attitude and everything is gonna alright.

Chileans arenŽt racist with asians, they just will look at your face with curiosity but no more than that. People here is racist with people that come from Peru and Bolivia.

Hahaha well is a very interesting topic, there are two reason:

- In Southamerica people hate american indians because they looks no europeans
So the picture that chileans have of peruvians and bolivians are people smalls, brownies, faces and clothes thay  use are different and i think people feel that is more than them. And there is a lot of inmigration and peruvian guettos. But the true is that many of that people work a lot and better than chileans.

- There was a war more than 100 years ago between Peru and Bolivia against Chile, that expoted cuz there was an area of minerals that countries wanted but... Chile had lower taxes so British companies support Chile. So now in that area there is billions in cooper. 30 years ago Bolivia, Peru and Argetina planned attack Chile, 1 year ago Peru have legal demand in La Haya Holland.... so there is always issues with fronteirs.

so please.. the first reason is something stupid, say that in south america" people hate american indians because they looks no europeans" lol when all south america has been a mixture between our Aboriginal people and European immigrants, also people from other continents.. the majority of Chileans as well as the rest of southamerican people,  have black hair, brown skin and some people are so hairy haha (maybe because they are Arabic or Spanish descent) and also there are people like asian people, especially in the form of eyes :) Chile and south america is diverse! only there are some people something wrong with their own concepts. but anyway, get to know another culture is exciting! right? greetings
peace!

So far the greatest challenge is linguistic not racial here. Social class is the primary segregator here and as with the rest of America the colonizers have european features along with inherited wealth and power.   Chile vs Peru, Chile vs Argentina true but not detrimental.