Confinement Services/Centre (Post Childbirth) in NYC

Hi, I am a Singaporean Chinese who is very much used to have a confinement lady after birth and I heard that only in NYC is there a confinement centre, which serves a niche market.

Does anyone have any info about this centre? Or how I can hire a confinement lady over for a "traditional" confinement after birth?

Many Thanks in Advance!

Hi happysnowball!

Maybe you could try posting an advert in the New York jobs section.
It might help.

Regards
Armand

Hi,

I have years of experience in confinement assignment, Cook special confinement dishes,infant care and mother care. Work in Australia
America, Switzerland and Singapore. Speak English, Mandarin, Cantonese and Malay. My email [email protected]
Thank you.

Hi
I saw your post requesting a confinement nanny in NYC.  I too am a Singaporean and am due to give birth in April next year.  I was hoping to hire one as well.  Did you manage to find one, and if so, would you mind passing her details?  Thank  you.  Kind regards, Shoba

Hi Shoba and happysnowball,

really happy to find fellow Singaporeans on the blog with the same concerns. I am residing in Montgomery, Alabama now and was wondering if you ladies had any luck with looking for a confinement lady. I am delivering next year and was hoping to find one as well. My other option would be to fly one over from Malaysia but that would be very pricey and was hoping to out your experience of finding one here in US and your experience with them. Importantly, if you could pass me their contacts if you had a positive experience with them?

Thanks in advance!

Rgds,
Jean

@ Jean > Just to tell you that this thread is very old (2013) and that shoba and happySnowball didn't showed up since then.

Maybe you should try creating a new thread on the New York forum for more up to date information?

Thanks and good luck,

Priscilla  :cheers: