Attending school on visitors visa

Hello,

After posting in the visa section and getting a good reply, please could someone inform me whether;

-if my step daughter moved to Bahrain with my wife and I in the next few months would she be able to attend her last year of schooling on a visitors visa?

Also, would it be achievable to get her into a school for her last year and take her GCSE's in Bahrain.

She will be in year 11 (UK) next year, we hope to arrive in August?

Thanks Boltonboy.

My son has been going to Saint Christophers on a visit visa for nearly a year. He even went on a school trip to Switzerland.

Josnuggles you seem like the fountain of knowledge here tonight.

Thank you ever so much or all your help and assistance you have been a great help.

Hopefully fly out for interview this week, if all goes well we should be out their by August.

Thanks again.

Only because I am in exactly the same situation.  PM me if you have more questions

boltonboy wrote:

Hello,

After posting in the visa section and getting a good reply, please could someone inform me whether;

-if my step daughter moved to Bahrain with my wife and I in the next few months would she be able to attend her last year of schooling on a visitors visa?

Also, would it be achievable to get her into a school for her last year and take her GCSE's in Bahrain.

She will be in year 11 (UK) next year, we hope to arrive in August?

Thanks Boltonboy.

The visit visa is not an issue.  However, completing Year 11 will be I am afraid.
St Christopher's point blank refused to even speak to us even though my son was about to start Year 10 and BSB said we had to be in by half term of Year 10 - we made it by the skin of our teeth.  The issue is that your step daughter will be partway through her GCSE courses.  Out here the examining boards are likely to be different, the schools do not run the same courses (the choice of subjects tends to be limited), and if they teach different subjects at different times she may be repeating stuff or miss stuff altogether.  BSB run IGCSE for example.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but certainly 14 months ago it was impossible.
The only advice I can give is to contact the schools now and try to get past the admissions people to speak to Year Heads or you will need to look at alternative curriculum's such as American or IB.  Or unfortunately, the suggestion may be that she has to repeat Year 10.
Please feel free to pm me and I will try and help you however I can - I know how I felt when St Christophers refused us.  Good luck.

Thanks for all that useful information Scottrace I didn't know this with my son only being in year 7

Josnuggles and scottrace are definitely a wealth of information! Very interesting about the gcse, good luck, I hope you manage to work something out for your daughter.