Income requirements

Hi.
I'm considering "retirement" to Panama, Costa Rica, Belize or Ecuador. Panama seems the most attractive.

Currently I have guaranteed income from two sources that is just $2 a month less than the minimum required monthly amount in Panama.

I'm a writer and photographer and have reliable ways of earning other income via the Internet.

Is it ever possible to get an exception/waiver on the minimum income requirement when one is that close? By next year, the amounts will increase for at least one of my guaranteed income sources, but for a variety of reasons I'd like to make a move before that if possible.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

08 Nov
Hi, RealAlaskan1-  For immigration/residency/pensionado requirements in Panama, I strongly suggest u consult a trusted
Panamanian lawyer.  "Word of mouth" is good way to begin search.  Ask other expats to refer their lawyers.  Residency/
immigration policies r always subject to change & u need the
most updated info available to make an informed decision.  I will return to Panama 20 Jan 2011 to establish my pensionado
residency, granted March 2009.  I have a fine Panamanian lawyer
who did great work for me at reasonable prices.  Best of luck in your endeavors.
                     Informatively, beacon

1200 dollars CD at 2%  will give you enough income to take care of the problem.

16 March 2013. HI, again, RealAlaskan1. Beacon, here.  Am temporarily living in Las Tablas, Panama until return US 24 June 2013. Return Panama temporarily sometime mid-Jan 2014. Please let me know if u want my English-speaker, Panamanian lawyer's contact info in Panama City. LAS Tablas is just lovely...small, friendly,affordable town about 4 hr bus from Panama City, cooling breezes & little to no humidity.  Hope u r doing well.

Cheers...beacon

16 Mar.  Hi, RealAlaskan1...Best consultant trusted Panamanian lawyer for current exceptions to Pensionado Visa(PV)requirements.

Cheers...beacon

@beacon - please note that this is an old thread.

Thank you.

Hi, I read your post... and would like to ask if you can share the name of your lawyer.  I'm also short of the required minimum.

Thanks,

Char

@Char:

Christine wrote:

- please note that this is an old thread.

Thank you.

;)