Car rental company suggestions?

Fred: any car rental company suggestions? We are flying into GYE taking the $12 van to Cuenca for a few days then back to GYE to pick up 2 relatives. Then we head to the coast - up and around to Quito and down to Cuenca and over to GYE for our flight home. 3 weeks. We want to use a rental car, but am unsure what company to go with. REasonable, trustworthy and did I say reasonable?
Thanks, Gerry in Oregon

Hi Gerry,

A new topic has been created on the Cuenca forum for better visibility.

All the best,
Christine

I wish I could be more help but when Rosa and I were in Ecuador last year, we rented a car from a private individual in Guayaquil.  It was very reasonable.  I think we paid $20 a day.  In the past, when we rented a car, we booked it on line from one of the big names in the US like Avis. We picked up the car in Guayaquil very near the airport.  Sorry, I cannot be more help.
Have a great trip.  You may want to consider renting the car in Guayaquil and driving to Cuenca.  it will be more convenient to travel with a car than taking your luggage on the bus and the drive is not a long drive.  The highway is excellent.
Fred