Anybody who filled an annulment case in phil,, can u share with me..

Hello to everyone!!

I am  rose 33 yrs old and  newbie here this forum.. And i need you help..

I was Married with an American guy and we got civil Marriage here in caloocan city 2007. We  were living together 21 days.. when he back to the US.  our relation doesnt work very well we are always fighting and we never had change to see each other again..Now im planning to get annulment .

I need some help someone give me some advice and recomment the lawyer  i can trust.. :)

Maybe this can help.

fast-track-annulment.blogspot.com

Good luck

Hallo cutyloopz,

the website below is the lawyer who handled the annulment case of my friend in Nice,France. She is very good and a person you can trust.

I hope this helps.

Goodluck.

Sharon

Why don't we have a divorce law here in the philippines? It's really sad to know the truth, that the filipino lawmakers cannot pursue a law if the CBCP disapproves of it..sheesh

The best thingg you can possibly do is to have the amerrican file for dicorce in the U.s .. but naturally, the marriage hass to be REgistered in U. S first ...
The Phil Family code art. 21 clearly state that if the foregin spouse secure a divorce FIRST ( not the pinoy part) , the the pinoy part can apply ( and will always be granted) a "recognition of foreign divorce", freeing the pinoy to be eligble for re-marriage...
I know this cause i had to do it....

Ofcourse, this mean you wil have to re-contact the american, and explain this to him, you might even have to sign and back-date a prenuptial agreement stating that if you divorce him under US. law, you are entitled to absolutely nothing... but hey.. its a guarantee way to get permission to remarry under pinoy law, which is in effect divorce.

Annulment is FAR costier, and FAR more uncertain.. remember... you will have to have the american proven insane, incapable of reproduction, abusive and dangerous to your person( with proofs of prior violence to you, and so on.... and even then, the probability of success is low.

Take my advice .. contact the american, have a chat, and ASK him directly " do you want a divorce? .. i think we both do .. .. heres what you will have to do to make it right" .... and just hope he is half a decent man enough to do it.... but DO inform him you will be willing to backdate and sign a pre-nup...

Hello Rose, here is some bad news......and some pleasant news.

The bad news is annulments are expensive (250,000 to 300,000 pesos) and they can take up to three years to resolve plus there is no guarantee that an annulment will be granted.

Often the woman must undergo the humiliation and embarrassment of a psychiatric examination. Many people think it should be the husband that requires the psychiatric examination! 

However the good news is that there is a method that we have used many times that can guarantee a divorce within 3 months and fully complies with all Philippines laws. 

When the court order is handed down, the Local Civil Registrar where the marriage took place will receive a corresponding order from the court, instructing that an annotation  or marginal note is made showing that the marriage has been declared null and void.  The person is then eligible to re marry.

Curreently the total cost with no hidden charges or additional fees is 150,000 pesos.  We offer a completely free and confidential assessment of your situation and if we can present a strong case, you will be advised by email within 24 hours.  We hope we can help you.

Just email [email protected] for more details.

Jgrant .. why didnt you inform her about family code article 21 ?

As requested here is article 21.

Art. 21. When either or both of the contracting parties are citizens of a foreign country, it shall be necessary for them before a marriage license can be obtained, to submit a certificate of legal capacity to contract marriage, issued by their respective diplomatic or consular officials.

Stateless persons or refugees from other countries shall, in lieu of the certificate of legal capacity herein required, submit an affidavit stating the circumstances showing such capacity to contract marriage. (66a)

Just for info Rose, the reply I gave you is from someone who has a lot of experience on the issue, sorry to say I only passed it on as I know him well.

Not sure how relevant the above article 21 is regarding your current situation..good luck

uh oh...  I guess  your story will serve as a wake up call to Pinays rushing to get married to foreign guys. Especially those who seek anonymous partners over the net.  Marriage is not a game, not a way-out or your last resort. Jgrant is right,It cost a lot. It's not  just about money but humiliation as well.

I will get back to you and get our family lawyer here.

pinaymentor

Hi,

Just wait for the new law regarding the New Annulment Procedures, who knows maybe they will really make it easier as they said...
Let us just see.

Hi All,

Annulment here in the Philippines can be done in two ways.

Altenative One:  The regular process, that will take 2 to 3 years depending on the complexities of the attending circumstances.  It will cost around 200k to 300k.  The problem with this is, the decisions of the court may not always be in favor of the cause of actions filed.

Alternbative Two:  Fast track  annulment process.  This will take around 1 to to 2 months or the most 6 months.  The cost will be almost the same as above but the advantage of this process is tha, court will always grant the petition.
Provided that, there is no opposition to the petition from the other espouse.

(Moderated: Link is outdated-Not working), for case discussion and assessment.

Queenie

i sent email to jpslaw.  she doesn`t consider outside manila.:rolleyes:

cutyloopz,

I dont know how long you psted your query but a few missing information about yourself.

What is your nationality? If you are a Filipino citizen, you can do the following:

- check in NSO if your marriage was filed and registered since your marriage didn't last that long. If it hasn't filed and registered, then do nothing as technically - you are still single.

If you are already registered in NSO and your name appeared in Marriage Indexes, do either of the following:

1) annulment (which is expensive and lengthy) - if you do this in PH by yourself

2) get your husband to divorce you..(cost is less than $500 dollars) if both parties sign the divorce papers without contest, no community property, no kids and no debts, it will be done quicker.

The downside is if your ex-husband filed for divorce and lives in a "community property state' and he has debts, you are automatically liable for the debts incurred from the time you got married even if you did not live in USA.

@vihalvor - the marriage does not have to be registered in the US to file for divorce..but one must be a resident of at least 6 months to use the court system in that state (it also depends which state you live, some state require 12 months residency).

Hi Rose, are you sure your husband did not file a divorce? after all, he is an american and he can do so in the US.  Anyway, if you are planning to file one here in manila, it will be quite expensive. I spent around 150000.  i am just thankful my lawyers allowed me to pay in instalments.  It also took me a year to finish the whole process. in the end, all my hardship was rewarded.  I got the decision very recently.  I can refer you to my lawyer but i dont want to post the email here.  Email me personally at [email protected] and i will give the contact details. goodluck!

cutyloopz wrote:

Hello to everyone!!

I was Married with an American guy and we got civil Marriage here in caloocan city 2007. We  were living together 21 days.. when he back to the US.  our relation doesnt work very well we are always fighting and we never had change to see each other again..Now im planning to get annulment .

I need some help someone give me some advice and recomment the lawyer  i can trust.. :)

jgrant8165 wrote:

Maybe this can help.

fast-track-annulment.blogspot.com

Good luck

a better for BOTH of you, providing your now husband agree ( and isnt a COMPLETE A.hole) , is for him to REGISTER the marriage with the US embassy, then file for divorce in USA. When he gains it, you file for a "recognition of foreign divorce" under family code.....21 i think.. but bewarre... the foreign partner HAS to be the one filing for divorce.....

cutyloopz wrote:

Hello to everyone!!

Hmnnn...haste is waste! Marriage is an eye opener until one experienced it.If you really are serious to pursue your annulment, you can obtain it within 6-8 months like in my case...I got it 8 months including the finality.I sent you through PM my attorney's landline and Mobile number. Hope this helps. He is a very good lawyer and graduated in a very reputable school of law here in the Philippines. I recommend you to get annulment rather than having your husband divorced you because you're not a U.S. citizen and no pre nuptial agreement, your marriage is still subject under the fundamental law of the Philippines.If he divorced you, then he'll be the one having most of the benefits.

Goodluck!

[hi.. im defer villaruz.. i received my annulment paper last August,2011 coming from NSO... ang total cost n nbayad ko is about P130,000.00.. fast and easy... if u want more info just text me at 09993909314 or pwede ka punta s aming lugar..tanx

Listen to the one quoting article 21.

I personally know somebody who went through this.  He was divorced by his wife abroad.  He got a copy of the divorced paper.  Had it authenticated by embassy.  Filed it at the NSO.  After a month of filing, he was single again.  He didn't spend anything at all. 

But, as mentioned above, your husband should file the divorce NOT you.

I highly recommend Montano Flamiano and Associates Law Office. I guarantee that they are good and expert annulment lawyers in the Philippines.

My lawyer Atty Jojo handled my annulment case last year and fortunately, the decision came out in less than a year. I filed it last January 2012 and it ended last November 2012.. He and the staff in the office were very helpful and they have always made themselves available for me and take note, I only paid 150,000 for the acceptance fee!

Hello. Does your annulment include the annotation na with NSO? You are lucky with your lawyer, kung may annotation na and yet you only got it within 8 months and yet you just paid 150k.

Kung kasama po jan ang annotation sa Civil registrar at sa NSO, paano po yung procedure? Please need your advise? I got disappointed na with my lawyer although na grant na yung petition ko for annulment, pero it takes again more time for the annotation of my annulment yet i paid him to much.

rose.. your best option is to talk with your ex, and have him divorce you in the US system.. for him its just a paper signing...
The issue of potentially taking over debt etc, doesent apply to you since youre not living in USA anyway...
then, as mentioned above.. run the divorcepapers through the NSO and have the marriage certificate annotated....

you can save a lot of time and efforts by making a phonecall or 2 .. anulment..... depends also on the judge that handles the case.. remember.. the legal system is actually quite subjective in PH .. unfortunately... if you get a judge that is strict and stern catholic and doesent believe in divorce, then he can deny or entrench the case nearly for ever....

Call your US husband, tell him to simply send you the divorce papers by courier, tell him you will sign papers that free you from any claim ( and vice versa).. and youll be done....

we have same problem....i was married 1987 then he married somebody else while we still married ..give me a call if u find a trusted atty,

I helped a friend got an annulment in Manila. The lawyer I recommended was patient with him and charged him way below the standard rate yet efficient. If you want referrals to the lawyer email [email protected]

i am looking for a reasonabble attorney to file my annulment and i want my annulment as fast as i can.hope there is someone with a good heart who can help me with my problem....

thank you....

my email is; [email protected]

hi.can i ask you attorney's number or email address if u have.?

thank you!and I really appreciated if u send me back ur attorney's

information number.

have a bless one.....

i am looking for a reasonabble attorney to file my annulment and i want my annulment as fast as i can.hope there is someone with a good heart who can help me with my problem....

thank you....

my email is; 522jsanchez[at]gmail.com

Hello...im kristina from davao...i am planning to annul my marriage.can you recommend me your lawyer?my email is [email protected]

For those who are looking for an annulment lawyer, please do some background check like how many annulment case has he/she won already. How reliable is he even if he's recommended. Read every details of your contract with him/her and ask if you don't undersand. These people are tricky and shrewd, most of them; and they can play you and be nasty if you start questioning their judgements esp in terms of payment.

Choose package deal even if it's contested, if possible; otherwise youll be hemoraging money and there's no way for you to back out or change lawyer coz you spend a lot already. So be careful and wise, DONT RUSH in choosing lawyer.

Me and my fiance are wanting to marry but she is currently married yet separated from her husban. She has talked to an attorney but her attorney told me that the cost of an annulment would be anywhere in the neighborhood of $2500 - to $3500 hundred dollars. That's totally observe.  Here in America a divorce being uncontested is no more than $300.00.. are there some ways around these unfair prices and are there forms she can file on her own behalf to petition to the court and all she would be liable for is filling and court fees?

Terrellgreene, $2,500-$3,500 could be possible ONLY if it's contested. Uncontested should be around P250-300,000 (you do the conversion). You can't simple compare it in the USA coz ours in Philippines isn't divorce, it's annulment; that's why it'll cost you an arm and a leg and could take you forever. In Japan and China, divorce is even free. Jakarta charges as low as $100 to a fortune! Case to case basis.

Similarly, there's no way your fiancée won't show up in the court esp in the pre-trial, otherwise your case will be dismissed. So she'll likely to appear twice. It's indeed a pain going back and forth for these appearances but there's no easy way out, legally. Bitter pill to swallow.

Please help me find a lawyer that can do annulment. I am living in Caloocan city

Hello Cathrobiso,

Welcome on board  :)

Please note that this thread has been inactive since 2014, we normally recommend members to participate on recent threads of the Manila forum.

For the time being, you will find some contacts recommended in the business directory under the Lawyers in Manila section.

All the best,
Bhavna

***. i can help you find a lawyer who is reasonable and less costly.

Moderated by Priscilla 7 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Hi can you send me the lawyers name and contact. I'm trying to find someone trustworthy. My philipina girlfriend of 3+ years has been separated for 5+ years from her husband. I'm Canadian , I want to marry here and have her come back with me.
She needs her annulment.
Can you help please. Thank you in advance.

I can recommend a trustworthy lawyer and cost-efficient lawyer at that...email (xxx)

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Please recommend this professional in the business directory. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

There is divorce in the Philippines, my brother in law an American married to a Filipina in the Philippines, obtained a divorce not annulment in the Philippines, if I had not saw this I would not have believed it, he filed for divorce in Cotabato in Sharia Court even tho neither one are Muslim ,and it is legal, when I first heard this I thought no way , but for sure it has happened, I have no details and no desire to go to Cotabato maybe someone who is Muslim can explain

Hello everyone. Any news now regarding the fast annulment process? Is there any progress now for the year 2018? I have filed mine last October 2017, my ex still didn't receive any summon. My lawyer told me it will take 1.5 years for the processing. I would like to ask how many court hearings will it be conducted? Thanks.

21 days?  The annulment process is going to take a LOT longer than the marriage lasted!

Both the Wife and Husband are supposed to have the psychological study  that is the law, however what if you cant locate your former partner, that is also taken into account.