Been offered a job in Riyadh

Hello everyone

I have just been offered a job in Riyadh. I have few questions before i can go to KSA (the land of uncertainties)

1. I have been offered 9500 SR. Is this a good salary for a planning engineer with 2 years exp.?
2. My agent is processing my visa in Pakistan. The company has sent me "A/C Tech." visa, where as the profession on my medical report is "Engineer". Would this be a problem?
3. I have done the medical, got e number, applied on enjaz, now my agent says that before going to the embassy it has to go to Mofa for some trade test :~( is it true? and will it do mofa pak or mofa ksa? and how much time it can take he has taken 2 weeks for that mofa bullshit and still not done. Please help?
4. How much time the embassy can take to stamp?

I shall be very thankful for the replies

Regards

well..
im planning n project control engr in saudia..
for you experience its good 9500 to start with..
if u r offered familt statys or intending to bring family latey then trade of technician shall hinder.
if u r coming alone then no problem . btw if yr company is a respectable company then they can change this category to engineer later.
your medical usually involves mofa of course but it is re done sometimes in saudia again.
you r engineer but as long as your visa states technician u r twchnician in saudia but not for yoyr company of course.

btw looking at condition
s in pakistan n having said that v get visa scarcely I suggest its good to have exposure abroad. u r quite young n still whole is coming ahead which ll base on what u r doing now... n middle east has got good projects to work on...

choice is yours!
wah is a beautiful small place..isnt it?

Thanks man for your reply. Wah is indeed and excellent town

I have just one more thing to ask is that does it matter that my medical has "Engineer" in profession and visa is of "A/C Tech." I mean would there be some problem for me to even get visa of A/C Tech stamped?

2. My agent says that my visa etc. is in mofa trade test phase. What is this? which mofa is involved (pak or ksa?)

Yeah the company is good they gave me family status but said that for the time you have come on tech visa than we can change it to engineer

if its technician visa then your agent ll not ask for your degree. secondly with mofa it should be technician but I Think it wouldnt matter bcoz saudia doesnt offer tourist visit visa so people are brought here by companies on technicians etc visas for temp visists. so its kinda temp fix .. akso mofa undrstands.
mofa is a ministry of foreign affairs dealing in saudia n requests medicals by candidates via GCC medical centres in pak ehich transfer results to mofa online n later mofa demands formedicak in saudia again ...

good luck

Hello Tormentor.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

To note that a new thread has been created from your message on the Riyadh forum for more visibility.

Thank you,
Aurélie