Visa in french Polynesia

Great, sounds perfect! Only 400 people on the atoll of Manihi but we want this, we love a peaceful and quiet life! We are in touch with teachers there for a house to rent.
Should I get the visa before leaving or can I arrive as a tourist and change my visa there?

I don't know if you actually need a visa if your wife is a French citizen. Does she have a French passport? You should contact the government first before you arrive to be sure. You can always extend tourist visas, but can't change to a work visa without leaving the country again. It is very difficult to work in French Polynesia because they want locals to work first. If you already have an offer of employment, it may be OK, but you should contact the  government group Service de l'Emploi de la Formation et de l'Insertion professionnelles to get the facts. Their number is 689-46-12-12. Have your wife talk to them, if you don't speak French.  Hope this helps.

I speak French but I'm not going to work anyway, her salary is enough and we know there is no job available on the atoll so I just need a long visa to be a resident. My wife has a French passport indeed. Thanks for the number!

Hi  daphne5,

a new topic was created from your previous post on the French Polynesia forum.

Thank you,

David.

Hi, I'm in a similar situation. How did your visa status turn out? My husband is a French national going to work in Tahiti and I am looking to join him for part of his stay (4 months or so).

Hello Erika,

This thread is from 2013, the users are no longer active on the forum. Try to create your own thread by posting your query.

All the best,
Bhavna