Cost of living/ comfortable?

I have just been offered a job in trinidad with a salary of 16KTTD/ month + incentives. I would be paying for accommodation myself. i would b coming alone so i shd need a one bedroom flat. Is this ok for a comfortable life in trinidad?

I consider myself an average spender, especially on fashion.
Can anyone please advise?

Are there lots of expatriates in Trinidad?

Thanks a million.

Hi joy18, for better visibility, a new thread has been created on Trinidad and Tobago forum.;)

Hope that you'll soon be advised.

Harmonie

thanks harmonie

there are a lot of expats in Trinidad due to the Energy sector growth.

A House or Apartment in a nice area (westmoorings) could fetch TTD 12,000 per month or more (depend on size). A house in a average area could range from TTD 4,000 to TTD 8,000 (Arima / Piarco / Tunapuna). 

You could rent a room for yourself, in that way rent could be around TTD 2,000 to TTD 3,000.

Grocery might be between TTD 1,000 to TTD 1,500 per month

Utilities might be TTD 300 to TTD 700 (depend on the size of the house or aparrtment)

Besides salary, you should ask your employer for a company car and a cellphone.

hope it helps.

Thanks alot Landalf.Your post has been helpful.

I asked for a rise in my salary and it was increased by 2000TTD, inclusive of a car loan of 3500TTD monthly.

i really hv to make a good decision , as my present boss just gave me a raise to almost same package , when i hinted that i was resigning.

thanks.

Good Luck in your Job Hunting !!

I am trying to do same... looking for UAE or Australia as a destination, but no luck as yet.

I think you should be able to land a job easily in the UAE. What is your profession? I'm in the UAE at the moment.
Keep looking in the job sites.

I wish you the best.

Hi,

15 years experience in Purchasing for FMCG, Manufacturing of Foods and beverages, personal care. I am an Economist. Experience in streamlining of operations and cost savings strategies. I have worked for multinationals and multilevels companies.

I speak English and Spanish, little Japanese. That's it.

What website do you recommend for jobs?

Thanks,

waoh! you are quite experienced and multilingual too! that's good.

there are site like monstergulf, naukrigulf(got my job via this site), expatnetwork, bayt, learn4good, nadia, gulftalent, dubizzle, akhtaboot, econ-jobs.com, jobsindubai,gulftalent, waytogulf and more. you can also browse your profession.

dont forget linkedin and some social/professional networks.

there also are multinational companies like unilever etc