Brining Prescriptions into Kenya - Advice Please

Hi,

My wife and I are currently in Kenya. We'd been told that we could get all of our current prescriptions from back home in Canada - which is true. However, we've been surprised by how much higher the cost is than back home. So we're looking into getting the prescription filled at a pharmacy back home and then either have it mailed to us in Kenya or have family members bring it in to Kenya when they visit us in a few months time. So I guess 3 questions:

1. Is there a max amount of prescription medication that someone can bring into Kenya?

2. Are you allowed to bring prescription medication into the country if it is not for you, but rather for someone else (like a family member)?

3. Are there any regulations about sending medications through the mail to someone in Kenya?

Any advice, experience, or websites that might shed light on this would be very helpful.

Thank you!

If you are an expat from the USA, how do you receive prescriptions from the US without breaking federal laws? Who is a shipping company that will let you do that?