Ubari lakes

Clansman and myself are looking to do a 2 night trip to the lakes and camp in a tent near to there.
Has anyone done this trip ? If so can you recommend a good company and give an indictation of costs involved. Thanks

LSscotland wrote:

Clansman and myself are looking to do a 2 night trip to the lakes and camp in a tent near to there.
Has anyone done this trip ? If so can you recommend a good company and give an indictation of costs involved. Thanks

...the lakes are PACKED with mosquitoes...and from june to september there are no trips organized cause it is too hot and technically it's illegal to enter the desert for this reason...
besides, two nights are not enough, it takes one to one and half days just to get there...good luck

redsaraya wrote:
LSscotland wrote:

...the lakes are PACKED with mosquitoes...and from june to september there are no trips organized cause it is too hot and technically it's illegal to enter the desert for this reason...
besides, two nights are not enough, it takes one to one and half days just to get there...good luck

You fly to Sebha mate, you weren't on a biplane by any chance were you :lol: Cheers for the other info, especially the mossies, I hate them, and they LOVE me :mad: