Iqama transferrable or not? Even my profession

Assalamwalaikum,

Please help me in my concerns. I have landed in dammam last 2month back and I got my iqama last week. As the day I got my Iqama the govt had started the rule to work under the same sponsor and not to work any where else. Before I receive my iqama I was been giving interviews and was been getting selected even, where in the companies stated once you get the iqama come back to us.

Now the situation is getting more worse for me as to all the companies where I got the positive answer they said no they cant offer me the job as you need to give us a transfer due to the checking. Secondly my profession is plumber on my iqama.

Some people say that the iqama is not transferable before 2years some says as per the new law in this 3months the govt is accepting the transfers no matter if the candidate is new even.

Please guide me what should I do now as every company now is asking for a transfer and also some companies are asking for profession change.

I don't have any idea how to move on in now, I never met my kafil, only the middle agent had given me only iqama thats it he didnt gave me any document else.

I am a graduate and have 3 years of experience from india and 1year of experience from london.

Please advice what should I do to grab a job and for my iqama and profession change.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Shukran
Assalamwalaikum.

Well, there is nothing new about this rule. Since decades working for someone else than own sponsor is documented penalizeable. It's only till now that they have been flexible about it.

Since long I've been strongly criticizing (rather condemning) the free-of-job aka 'free' visas concept and have been discouraging people considering to land obtaining it.

They have been very hard a few weeks back and trust me they'll hit harder after the expiry of 3 months grace period they have announced.

You have a few limited options now:
- Hunt for jobs, and ask your employers about the new visa possibility.
- Check the color category of your sponsor. I wish it would be red/orange. Getting a transfer would be easy.
- If none of above works, try to contact your kafeel and ask for the No Objection Certificate for sponsorship transfer (of course you must have an offer in hand asap.)

ricky555 wrote:

Assalamwalaikum,

Please help me in my concerns. I have landed in dammam last 2month back and I got my iqama last week. As the day I got my Iqama the govt had started the rule to work under the same sponsor and not to work any where else. Before I receive my iqama I was been giving interviews and was been getting selected even, where in the companies stated once you get the iqama come back to us.

Shukran
Assalamwalaikum.

Welcome To ExpatBlog

for job hunting visit this site
http://www.expatriates.com/classifieds/saudi

as for the profession only your sponsor or the new company that will hire you can change it by paying 1000sar fee,

as for the 2 year rule i hope some experts will advise you in addition also look here may be you will get what you are looking for ,

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=247659

TheLegendLeads wrote:

Well, there is nothing new about this rule. Since decades working for someone else than own sponsor is documented penalizeable. It's only till now that they have been flexible about it.

Since long I've been strongly criticizing (rather condemning) the free-of-job aka 'free' visas concept and have been discouraging people considering to land obtaining it.

They have been very hard a few weeks back and trust me they'll hit harder after the expiry of 3 months grace period they have announced.

You have a few limited options now:
- Hunt for jobs, and ask your employers about the new visa possibility.
- Check the color category of your sponsor. I wish it would be red/orange. Getting a transfer would be easy.
- If none of above works, try to contact your kafeel and ask for the No Objection Certificate for sponsorship transfer (of course you must have an offer in hand asap.)

:one

Well, i must say that this situation is happen with lot of iqama holders these days.

Above mentioned solutions are also well. But the ultimate solution is "LUCK". As soon as you can escape and hide from Jawazat or POLICE, you can survive, else you must have to come with new VISA from job offered company.

Good Luck.