Flying out of Quito tomorrow early AM

Has anyone flown to reform the new airport yet? I fly out tomorrow early am and was wondering if I should know anything ahead of time! I just travelled the road from Valle De Los Chillos to Pasto Colombia over the weekend so I know the traffic and road issues, I am more interested in the actual airport, parking, drop of, check in times, is it running smoothly or is it a 3 ring circus. Any input would be awesome and I will post my experience once I am settled in tomorrow in Florida.

My husband will more likely be on your flight...???
He flew into the new airport and said he had NO problems at all. Very smooth and organized.  Just be there two hours early if you are leaving the country...

I fly out at 5:40 AM give or take. Good to know things seem to be moving smoothly.

Thanks.

Well tht was fun lol, after my trip being changed and sending me through Guyaquil with not much notice we made the trip from Valle De Los Chillos in about 35 minutes with little traffic at this time of night. Lines were almost non existent. Really sucked that there was nothing available at this time of night except candy, not even a coffee :O well as in regular Ecuadorian fashion we came prepared, checkin in and went back out to the car for a couple beer :)

People sleeping all over the floor, I can only imagine why. Everything did seem to run smoothly though as it was a low traffic time of day. Amenities include a candy shop (24h), Johnny Rockets ( pre security and post security, hours unknown ) and a TGI Fridays ( hours are 6 am to 6 pm, a big boooo for that ) of course there is a duty free and Republic de Cacoa store, a couple others not worth mentioning.

All in all it was alright, sure was surprised by the size of the building, being the largest in South America I was expecting more until someone pointed out to me that it gets that designation due to the runway size and not the building size and capacity. Caracas airport seemed atleast 5 or 6 times the size as this new Quito airport.

Anyway, chao for now, my flights a boardin.

Chris.

In the early AM from Quito the trip is about an hour, in the midday with traffic it can easily be 2.  You can sleep in the airport but if youd like a reasonably priced place near the airport I recommend Quito Airport Suites at AirportHotelQuito.com .