SAFE DEPOSIT BOX IN COLOMBIAN BANK

I will be moving to Medellin, Colombia this summer. Does anyone know whether one can obtain a safety deposit box in a bank without opening an account or having a cedula de estranjero?

If not, what is needed?

I need to safeguard some important papers.

Thanks!

I live in Medellin and wanted to get a safe deposit box at Bancolombia, the biggest bank in the country, but there's no such thing, I was told, at any branch. I didn't check with other banks, but I suspect it's not something very common here. One reason may be  because they worry about the illegal things that might be stored in them. Remember, Colombia is a country with a peculiar history!

BAD NEWS...

While ago banks here had Safety Deposit Boxe's, but during the Drug Cartel's Period it became too risky, so all bancks stopped offering that service.
I left all my goodies in a Canadian Safety Deposit Box, better to be safe than sorry, If you are not carefull you are at risk here and everywhere, I had more things stolen in Canada than in Colombia, the difference is that here you are extra careful, their you trust to much, if you have your own place you can always find(create)your own scret place..
Best of Luck.
Greg.