Just got a Tourist Visa, how long to wait to apply for a work visa

Hi,
I just got a tourist visa about two weeks ago to visit Brazil. I came to see the sights, travel and I lined up a Job interview because I hope to work in Sao Paulo someday. Well I was offed the job on the spot! Now I know the place of employment has to submit to the ministry of labor and get approval before I can apply for a work visa  but assuming they are efficient and in two months I have all the paperwork needed to apply for the work visa, will I be allowed to? I was told once that if I get awarded a visa I have to wait 6 months before applying for another visa. Is this true?

I got my tourist visa Feb. 20 2013... do I have to wait until August before I can apply for a work visa or can I just apply as soon as my paper work is ready?

Thanks
John

Welcome to Expat.com John!

Wish you Good Luck in your research,
Harmonie.

Hi John,

No, you should be able to apply for a 'transformation' of visa at anytime. If you have a work contract confirmed and the company is willing to help you with the process there should be no problems.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog Team

hi im from pakistan will i be able to get a tourist visa without an invitation letter from someone in brazil and do u have any suggessions for me to how to get an invitation letter thank you , faraz

Hi faraz,

Sorry to tell you, but NO you must have a letter of invitation in order to obtain a Tourist Visa for Brazil. If you don't know somebody here who is willing to invite you and take responsibility for you there is no chance of obtaining a visa.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog Team