Would like to get few information about Adelaide

Hello Ms. Priya,

I would like to introduce myself as  Lakshmi (Origin from India and now settled in Singapore).

I have got my AUS PR for Adelaide and I am planning to move to Adelaide in June 2013 with my 3 year old son. I am planning to first settle him in a child care and may be after a month I am going to look for a job there.

I would like to get few information about Adelaide before I make a move. Could you please help me on below?

1.   I am trying to find out a safe accommodation as well as a child care near my accommodation. I am trying it by searching online but not sure which area I need to choose.Can you suggest a place which is safe and preferably the Indian Community live?

2. Is it possible for me to find a share accommodation with an Indian family. Since my son will be with me, I prefer to stay with a family than singles.

Hope you could help me.

Regards,
Lakshmi.

Hi Lakshmi,

Welcome to Expat.com!

I have created a new topic with your post on the Adelaide forum as your were off topic on the other discussion.

All the best,
Christine

Lakshmi

I suggest you google 'indian community Adelaide ' and see what comes up. You can then make contact with someone to assist you.

Hello Lakshmi

You could consider Brooklyn Park, Underdale, Kuralatta Park, Mile End etc, (close to the Airport and 15 minutes from the city), since there is a fair share of Indian population, as well as Indian Shops around.

Gumtree is a website that you could use to advertise your housing requirements.

Best wishes on your new move.

~MARK