EXPAT BLOG MEET UP APRIL 6TH FLIC EN FLAC

Hello,

just to confirm with everyone, this is just a members casual gathering on the beach : it's completely free, it's open to every one, and there is no "official program" ;)

I forgot to mention that this is of course not a gathering for foreigners only. Everyone is welcome to participate :)

Hi thanks for the invitation, unfortunatly won't be present will definitly communicate to others.

hi,
i was invited so many times but never got the chance of joining you guys!! :( this time i hope i can make it! if i'm done at Grand Gaube, i'll try to pop in and check you guys out!

Another thing : a foreigner working in Mauritius is an expat,
Born abroad but living here for a long time, what does that make me?:)

Hi altogether,

Taking into consideration where we met last time, I assume that it is going to be close to it again this time...

For a rough orientation, here's a link to Google Maps:

https://maps.google.com/?ll=-20.279246, … 9&t=h&z=17

We'll be lodging roughly north of the word 'Royal' in the centre of the map.

Cheers, JoKi

Hi
my family and I will be in Mauritius for a holiday to check out if we wanna finely move to Mauritius so this will be a great experience!

Hi Julian,

Any Idea at what time you plan to wind up from there at night as some of them will not be able to make it during the day. I too will be there at night with my Australian friends and from there move to Kenzi Bar.

Cheers!!!

Hi,

Thanks Julien. We will be there @ 17:00.

bye.

Anyone from the north who want to start a carpool? Who wants to drive and who wants to join ? Please let me know. I don't have a car, but it's no problem to rent one, because I don't want to take the bus.

I look forward to the meeting. Many thanks to you, Julien, for organzing.

See you soon,
Silvia

hi people. Am yassir from flacq. Anyone going to flic en flac for expat meeting can meet me at flacq as am going by my own car so some places available. Most welcome my friend let me know

Thanks Julien, will do my best to come meeting you guys/girls over there. Will let you know soon what I will bring
Cheers

Hi... just wondering how rain will effect the plans? Will the bbq be cancelled/postponed?

Crossing my fingers for a rain free weekend... and looking forward to meeting everyone!! :)

gonna be rain or shine :D

cheers dudes and dudetes!!

-Jungle Onyx :lol:

Hello,

let's follow the weather closely in the next 2 days. If it rains, it will probably be better to postpone the event.

kokooli wrote:

Anyone from the north who want to start a carpool? Who wants to drive and who wants to join ? Please let me know. I don't have a car, but it's no problem to rent one, because I don't want to take the bus.

I look forward to the meeting. Many thanks to you, Julien, for organzing.

See you soon,
Silvia

I'll be joining for sure.. got a car.. will pm you my mobile number.. anyone else from Grand Baie?

We would love to come if there is anyone coming from blue bay please get Intouch  as We don't have any transport .......which is a nighmare when you fancy going out to have fun .

So far no rain, hopefully everything will be fine tomorrow ?

If the weather changes we'll post on the forum

thanks !

quick reminder: if someone can bring a barbecue, it would be fantastic !

cool is it still okay to come down at 8:30 pm?
are you all still there?

cheers!!

Onyx

hi julien. Wat time tomorz will you let us know if programme cancel or not. As i had to travel nearly over 1hour 30min by car to reach flic en flac. Do let me know ok

please read the very first message

Onyx, it all depends on weather I guess ;)

seapirate wrote:

hi julien. Wat time tomorz will you let us know if programme cancel or not. As i had to travel nearly over 1hour 30min by car to reach flic en flac. Do let me know ok

13:00 as per Julien's first post.

With the kind of weather we're having today, is the meetup still on?
Please confirm :)

Hi,
I am at Flic-en-Flac and we have a blue sky for now here. Hope the weather won't change ;-)
See you
Nick

The weather isn't that bad, so we'll be there ;)

see you on the beach in around the police station around 13h~13h30

Great stuff.. :)

Had a great time.. didn't meet all the people...this SA boytjie can be a bit people shy..so forgive me for that.. Thanx for the effort you put into today Julien... much appreciated..

It was awesome, got to meet Julien,christina,jenny,nathania,audrey,anthony(the Laser guy),Isaac,Fey,thomas the list was long, i really enjoyed it. biggest memory of my life. nice work Expat-blog, still full from all the chicken and beer. :D

It was a fun evening , enjoyed the Sega songs and dancing

Cheers!!!
Terence

Hi Julien,

Thanks for the invite. I have just returned back in the UK on 5.04.13.

I am however trying to set up a business in Mauritius so that I can return back.

Please share my contact details for self-catering accomodation, care rentals etc in the group.

I hope this is thr right way to do this.

Thanks

Hi guys,

that was one of our best meet up ever !

People from Australia, Belgium, Canada, China, Brazil, France, Germany, Hungary, India, Ireland, Mauritius,  Nepal, Nigeria, Philippines, Russia, Slovenia, South Africa, Scotland, Spain, Switzerland, Togo, USA ... and I am sure I am forgetting someone (!)

Thanks everyone for participating, that was AWESOME ! We loved it :) and you ?

Special thanks to the musicians !

Hello,

Yes it was a wonderful day , thanks a lot we should do it more often :)

Diena

What a lovely meeting of great personalities from great countries..
I missed this! i feel like crying:D

Hello,

we've found a small stool ;

a blue and white towel + a woman swimsuit green / blue is missing

If anyone heard about these, please let me know !

Cheers,

Julien

it was too good. When the next expat meeting

I enjoyed the expat gathering. It was really joyful seeing everyone and making new friends.

I really had good time chatting with my new friends;

Kevin, Terence and his cousin from Australia, Imran, Tharishna, Cash$Cash,  and others (sorry for not being able to remember the names)...and of course Julien.

Looking forward to seeing you guys again, hopefully soon.

Take care all!

Hi ekjata,

would it be possible to share a few pictures if they are not too big ? My email is [email protected] it would be nice to display a few ones on the website

Hi Julien,

Hope u r doing well.

I tried posting the photos on expatriates blog but got rejected. I will email u the compressed photos tonight.

Have a good day.

Take care!

Hi Julien,

Hope you received the Dropbox share of the photos.

Julien wrote:

Hi ekjata,

would it be possible to share a few pictures if they are not too big ? My email is [email protected] it would be nice to display a few ones on the website

Hello Julien Happy New Year this is Rao from India nice meeting like to knw about yr activities plz send reply
Best Regards
MSR