A new life in Aberdeen

Hi everyone,

I'm Jess, an Aussie who moved to Aberdeen about 6 weeks ago. I work in the oil and gas industry and am living in the city. It's been a learning curve - getting used to having clothes hanging around the house to dry, mail coming in through my door, how quickly the weather can change.... but I'm having an absolute blast and really enjoying getting to know Aberdeen and Scottish life.

I don't really know anyone here and would love to meet some new people. I'm always up for a laugh or a chat over a wine, and am interested to hear about other people's experiences in adjusting to a brand new country.

Cheers,

Jess

Hi Jess!

Welcome to Expat.com!

Armand

Hi Jess,

I'm going to an auction (John Milne Auctions) tomorrow morning (Wednesday). It starts at 10 AM. I like to go around the corner to Cafe Nero on Union Street for coffee first. Would you like to come along? It's pretty interesting and sometimes you can find some very cool things. Should be a few other ladies coming as well.

Hi smalltownoilwife, I would love to join you but unfortunately will be stuck at work. Thank you for thinking of me though, I'd be happy to catch up another time :)