I need friends who can speak english and Tagalog

IŽve been living here in Sao paulo since january 2010, I got married to a brazilian,for the last 8 months that ive been here, i felt like its a very long journey, homesickness, new culture, meeting new people and portuguese, i used to cry alot, but thanks God, ive passed that moment already, I speak and understand portuguese better, I have new friends.Right now, my life is a little better , ive meet filipinos and other foreigner as well, who are living here in Sao Paulo,And this month i started to work as a teacher, I'm alot happier now. God is Good.
I can speak English, tagalog and a little portuguese
My birthday is on 6 January

Do you know where we can buy Philippine products?I'm trying to research but no information yet.By the way ask your husband if he knows where Itaim Bibi is,we are livin'there.

Welcome on Expat.com rizza da silva !

Hi, rizza, can't visit, but we can send messages. We are looking at moving to Brasil and would love to hear about anybodies experiances.

Head up... it will get better.

thanks alot for welcoming me guys...

bing wrote:

Do you know where we can buy Philippine products?I'm trying to research but no information yet.By the way ask your husband if he knows where Itaim Bibi is,we are livin'there.

@bing: i really dont have an idea where to buy phil. products, infact im really longing to eat the usual food of pinoy like bagoong...hhmmnn..my husband knew where is itaim bibi, its a little near parque iberapuera , and infact were planning to go there one of this days, so iŽll keep you posted ok? keep in touch. and ask ur husband too where is osasco, coz im sure he knew it too. kisses

hey I'm sure there are Philippines restaurants if not at least one import store that carries something from the Philippines in Liberdade. have you already looked? i don't actually live in sao paulo, i live about an hour northwest of the city so i haven't explored the city as well as you would be able to.

hey Rizza i know that there are a lot of english speakers in Sao Paulo, there are groups too (social clubs i guess). i'm american, and i usually manage to make it to sao paulo at least twice a month to see friends, go shopping, go to a wedding, run a race whatever. if you would like to plan something sometime let me know and we can figure something out :)

malloryelise wrote:

hey I'm sure there are Philippines restaurants if not at least one import store that carries something from the Philippines in Liberdade. have you already looked? i don't actually live in sao paulo, i live about an hour northwest of the city so i haven't explored the city as well as you would be able to.

hey Rizza i know that there are a lot of english speakers in Sao Paulo, there are groups too (social clubs i guess). i'm american, and i usually manage to make it to sao paulo at least twice a month to see friends, go shopping, go to a wedding, run a race whatever. if you would like to plan something sometime let me know and we can figure something out :)

@malloryelise: no i have not been to liberdade yet, infact i have not explore much of Sao paulo yet, but hopefully soon. yes thatŽs what my husband told me that there are alot of english speaking people in SP, but the problems is i dont know where to find them, you must be so lucky coz you have alot of friends already. sure iŽd love to meet new friends, and hopefully in the nearest future we could figure something out better, probably meet in a restaurant or something. thank you very much for taking your time to send me message, it really comforted me much. muito obrigada, tchau

hello rizza ..cant go there in sao paolo..living here in Angra but can call you sometimes....

tnx boyet, matagal kana ba dito?

Hey Rizza,

I'm Canadian living in SP. My husband is Brasilian and I speak it as well. We've been here almost 9 months and I'm going to be having my second baby in about 3 weeks. If you'd like to meet send me an email and we can connect. [email protected].

Talk soon.
Kari

Hi Rizza I'd love to be your friend, and if you want I can teach you some portuguese. You may contact me by my e-mail [email protected]. Take care!

Hi Rizza:
I am in same condition like you and I don't speak portuguese as well. Are you learning portuguese now?

yes, i am trying to learn portuguese now, but just a home study, coz its quite expensive, my husband just bought me a portuguese book with audio Cd, and every day I am learning. as days go by, I am feeling better.

I am doing a home study right now.But it's really quite hard.Could you tell me which book are you following?Maybe I will try with the same one.:D

rizza da silva wrote:

yes, i am trying to learn portuguese now, but just a home study, coz its quite expensive, my husband just bought me a portuguese book with audio Cd, and every day I am learning. as days go by, I am feeling better.

the book: Muito Prazer (fale o Portugues do Brasil) by: Glaucia Roberta Rocha Fernandes, Telma De Lurdes Ferreira, Vera Lucia Ramos.

its a thick book where there are some exercises and 2 audio CD. I bought it online. its published by: Disal Editorial.

Thank you very much with your information.I will try to find it online as well.

rizza da silva wrote:

the book: Muito Prazer (fale o Portugues do Brasil) by: Glaucia Roberta Rocha Fernandes, Telma De Lurdes Ferreira, Vera Lucia Ramos.

its a thick book where there are some exercises and 2 audio CD. I bought it online. its published by: Disal Editorial.

Hello lizel

Could you please write in English in this Anglophone forum?

Thus, members would be able to understand and participate as well.

Thanks.

Hello
I read your profile and understand what u fell. I think in have a pinay with me in brazil and know she will fell similar than you. Portuguese is much diferent for Filipinos right? But you already see the sounds of the words are same? Only need time to understand the new significance of the words.

I know u are already married ok, only friendship here. But maybe u have a sister? haha

Well, if you like to trade lessons with me portuguese (me) /english, tagalog (you), I will like it so much.

my ym; [email protected]

Happy new year / Feliz ano novo

belated happy birthday!
it's nice to know there are some Filipinos here.
I haven't seen one except my work buddies.
what part of sao paulo you're at?

Hey,
I just arrived in Sao Paulo a month and a half ago (to follow my brasilian boyfriend); I kinda feel like you felt.
Are you going better now ?
I am looking for people to go out with, sharing drinks or visiting a bit of Sao Paulo. Anyone interested ?
bye

Hi IsabelleG & to all kabayans,
I am Ramon and on temporary assignment in Sao Paulo for 3-4 months. I haven't met any kabayan yet, would appreciate if I could meet any kabayan. My email is [email protected], my mobile phone 5511 88684972. I am staying at Av. Rio Branco and i always got to Liberdade on sundays. Thanks and God Bless you all kabayans

Hello RamonV, Welcome on board,

I guess you shall start a new topic (for more visibility) and you shall also avoid to post your mobile number on a public forum (Beware of scammers/spammers)

Regards

Thanks for the advise Yud.

Hi Ramon, I've been working here in Brazil for 2 years now but I've only been here in Sampa for 1 year. I live near Paulista. Ano po company nyo?

ok i understand your situation  im here cause my girlfriend its from sao paulo and i am in new york but we want to move together to sao paulo but i dont know to much about the city   and their people

hello to every one. im pilipina and am looking a friend im living here in sao paulo at sao jose dos campos. my email add [email protected]! anyone welling to be my friends just email me.my husband is brasileiro he can also speak tagalog and english. tnx god bless

hi we can talk i just arriving in abu dhabi heres my no, 0502374289 im lonely cause im new here ineed sopeople to talk to
me

Hello rizza. Im anna marie. I live here in spain.but probably will be moving to sao paulo this september. Hope to meet friends,specially filipinos. Thank you!:-)

Hi, my name is Stephany and I'm American (from Seattle) and just moved to Sao Paulo two months ago. I have been living in Brazil for 2 years with my fiancee who is Brazilian.  I would love to get together for coffee or lunch or something and talk with another expat, about Sao Paulo, adjusting, dealing with the cultural differences etc. If this is something you might be interested in let me know! I live on Alameda Itu in Jardins, really close to Avenida Paulista. Let me know if you would like to get together.

Steph

Just got into Brazil last Thursday. You can reach me via email at [email protected]. Let me know where I can call or email you. Will be in Sao Paulo until Saturday next week. Thanks.

Hi everyone, my name is Ricardo also from the Philippines. I was sent here on business early August and it's a shame I only found out about this site today. Next week will be my last week here after which my company will be sending me to Chile. It would be nice to meet new friends here especially fellow filipinos before I go however I am here in Sao Caetano and not in Sao Paolo. Anybody interested you can email me at [email protected] or we can always exchange messages here = )

hello riza, and my other kabayan..just wanna ask if what are the possible work or job oppurtunities for us filipino there at br. even cant speak their language much?some ideas?

Hi caiann,

I think you should start a new topic on the Sao Paulo forum. Thank you.

hello everyone,

this is wissam from Egypt, I will be staying in SP for a while...I am in Alameda Santos, Jardins.....

@ Rizza, Hi kabayan.

Kumusta po. Would like to ask how much is the monthly cost for a single person for food in sao paolo. I might be deployed by Sept this year. My company will only cater for accomodation and Transportation. Cheers.

@megan37 - You already have a post with similar questions on the Sao paulo forum which has been replied : https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=183485:)

Thank you,
Aurélie

[Moderated: Please post in English]