Life in Port Moresby for Indian Expats

Hi,

I am Shramik Kumar from India.I got an offer in Port Moresby.
Its a 4 yr contract in Insurance Broking Firm named "Insurance Partners PNG Ltd".The office is in Champion Parade (Pacific Building).
How is the life in Port Moresby for Indian expats? How safe is the office area?

Regards
Shramik Kumar

Hello Shramik Kumar.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Hope you'll be helped by other members soon.

Thank you,
Aurélie

(moderated: not clear. You should give more details)

Hi sharmik..
Im also got an offer from port moresby..im also wanna know about the place. Hope now you r wrking there..please share your exp..thanks

Moresby is reasonably safe but you have to be aware of where you are and what is happening around you.

Don't go out at night by yourself. Robberies are common.

The building is in the centre of Moresby. 

Your accommodationn needs to be secure and guarded.

Best you google 'security in Port Moresby' 

Your contract should include accommodation, transport to and from work.

For cost of living www.numbeo.com

Dear Friends,

Good Day,

I received one offer for PNG from one company and they offer me salary daily rate with net Tax. Job details are 6x2 week ON/OFF, HRA & Flight updown tickets by them. But may i get advise about tax.

1) How much would i pay?
2) Expecting a tax calculation example for help

thanks.

glinsthattil wrote:

Dear Friends,

Good Day,

I received one offer for PNG from one company and they offer me salary daily rate with net Tax. Job details are 6x2 week ON/OFF, HRA & Flight updown tickets by them. But may i get advise about tax.

1) How much would i pay?
2) Expecting a tax calculation example for help

thanks.

Have you reached Port Moresby ?

Not yet, but documentation processing ongoing.

Hi did u joined in Puppa new guinea in job as my friend got job in same is it safe to stay there

Hi my friend got job in Puppa new guinea in pacific international hospital in port moresby so kindly is sujjest me place is safety to leaves family

hello sir
good evening
Looking for a job. Currently I am a lecturer
Please guide me what are the educational documents (Convocations, Marks heet) I have to produce. In case of proficiency in English if I submit a letter from university would it be considered. I got it in 2016. Secondly, I have done a minor surgery on my leg and obtained physical disability certificate from Indian government will it be a problem for obtaining visa and work permit.
please guide me

hi Shramik,
life is good in Port Moresby.
if you want more information you find me on FB.
cheers,
Uttam Tripathi.

any leads of indians living in east new britan , kokopo

hi uttam tried to contact you on fb messenger....no reply