Any problems using iPhone in Libya?

thinking about buying one, but want to make sure it works over there first!

thanks...

I am actually writing from one right now! They work just fine mine is unblocked I bought it in turkey over a year ago and haven't had any issues.  Just buy a nice screen cover and protector of some sort that protects from dust because the stuff flys around and gets into everything.

The 3g network works fine and if you don't feel like dishin out the cash for that GPRS works great for basic Internet stuff.

Peace!

Mine initially did not like the 3g network on Almadar it was going through the battery in 1/2 day. I manually entered the APN data in settings (almadar.net) and since then worked with out problems.

Ok, I confess I don't know anything about the iPhone yet. So I need to get one that is unlocked? Why?

And Sprocket, more info on changing the APN data would be really great for future reference.

Thank you guys to much for responding.

bungaraya wrote:

thinking about buying one, but want to make sure it works over there first!

thanks...

yes, it works here : )
it's good to have one in case the internet isn't working for some reason or another ; )

and btw, if you got the cash, go for the iphone 3GS...S stands for SPEED !!!
it works fine and it's pretty fast too : )

bungaraya wrote:

Ok, I confess I don't know anything about the iPhone yet. So I need to get one that is unlocked? Why?

Most iPhones bought from new are normally locked to one particular service provider and won't work unless they are reflashed to accept a SIM from any other SP, hence "unlocked".

There are some issues reflashing iPhones particularly with respect to the warranty. Have a look here:

MACRUMOURS FORUMS

OK... so would it be better to buy it in Libya, rather than in Malaysia?

you can buy unlocked iphones in KL, i got mine in Dubai Duty Free as it was a little cheaper. I am not sure what the price is locally