Child care in the Massachussets

Hi,

when settling in a new country, working parents are mostly concerned about finding child care services for their children.

What can you share with us about the child care system in the Massachussets ?

How much is daycare in the Massachussets?

Is the staff qualified at these daycare centers?

What are the usual opening hours?

Do they provide other services at the daycare center?

Any daycare center in the Massachussets you would like to recommend to other expats? What makes them special?

Thank you for participating! :)

Cost: Around $400 or more a month.
Qualified: Yes, governmental monitoring and licensing.

Many churches offer these services, hours are usually 7-5 or 6 - just depends on where it is, etc.

Thank you for your help wjsd_kyiv! :)

Aurélie

Child care in and around Boston is varied. Some start as early as 7:00 am and can go as late as 7:00.  The cost is varied and you very much get what you pay for. Franchises like Berrybrook or Kindercare, BrightHorizons are all costly, but they do their own background check and make sure everyone is CORI'd.

It's a big business so many places offer child care. Some places offer day care inside the office building. John Hancock used to, MGH and some of the hospitals on Longwood ave have excellent day care facilities near by.  Also there are MANY homes that offer day care. Best to do some deep research and don't  just assume all you hear it true. It is a business to and not everyone will feel for your child the way you do.

Thank you for sharing BOSTON MAMA! :)

Aurélie

Tartt's Daycare14136!3m2!1i635!2i624!4f13.1]Tartt's Daycare[/url]. The staff is professional, knowledgeable and very caring. Every morning they are excited to see my daughter and greet her and all the kids with warm smiles and hugs. They made the transition back to work very easy on us. The price has gone up a bit since the last reviewer but it is still not nearly as much as the more corporate facilities out there and very affordable.