International school vs private trini school?

Hi, we are trinidadian by birth and will be moving back to Trinidad later this year on a 4yr contract after living abroad more than 30yrs...but not as expat :(
What advice does anyone have as far as enrolling my 3rd grader into the US system vs the Trinidad educational system?

Welcome to Expat.com jeannajag!

Good luck in your research,
Harmonie :)

Hi there

My family is also from Texas and we have been here for a year. Our children are at the international school. My first question would be what ages are your children? Our thought process was that it was an American style education and that they would eventually be returning to that same style when returning home, so that is why we put them at the international school. For younger children the local schools are all about getting the kids ready for a test that they take when they are around 12 yoa that determines which secondary school they are admitted to. Not condusive if you are going to put them back in the American education system. However, with that being said, the international school is very expensive. Best of luck.

Oops sorry, 3rd grader. Yep, ISPS.  Your child will make friends fast and the classes are small.

please ansong is my name and from ghana. i will like to work and school in trinidad but as at now i only have a tourist visa ,can i change it to working visa if i get to tirnidad and tobago ? please can anybody help me with advice and directions .