Insurance

Hi friends,

Will there be any problems if i get a insurance for my pregnant wife.My wife is now 3 months pregnant.She doesnt have an insurance.
I have inquired with an insurance company and i am planning to take insurance for her.
I am concerned that will the hospital reject the insurance( by knowing that she is 3 months pregnant) bcoz its issued after the third month of her pregnancy.
Will she get the coverage.
please advice.

Must not be a problem if she's an Iqama holder. Did you consider asking your company to issue one for you and you may settle the payments with them?

Thanks for the reply....
She is an iqama holder.Can get the insurance, but i need to know whether the hospital rejects it if they know that the insurance is issued after the third month of pregnancy.

mdshibin wrote:

Thanks for the reply....
She is an iqama holder.Can get the insurance, but i need to know whether the hospital rejects it if they know that the insurance is issued after the third month of pregnancy.

No, they won't.

mdshibin wrote:

Thanks for the reply....

Mdshibin

The Hospital will not reject a valid insurance policy. That is like saying I can only pay with 1 SAR notes and not 10 SAR notes. I would be more surprised if you could find an insurance company that would cover you for the pregnancy at all!

Regards

M

Exactly, Rejection would be pointless. Afterall insurance facilitates their operational business. I don't think any insurance company would ask for medical reports before issuing a policy.

Martin Fin wrote:

I would be more surprised if you could find an insurance company that would cover you for the pregnancy at all!

Couldn't get you here. All insurance policies for females have maternity coverage with a financial limit specified; isn't it?

Yes its right.If i am having valid family insurance, the hospital has to cover..
Is there a chance for the insurance company to cancel/hold the maternity coverage.The hospital authority has to inform the insurance company before they give treatment( I think so). If they doso the insurance conpany can  tell them that it cannot be covered since it was taken when she was three months pregnant.

There is no medical check up before the issuance of the insurance.
But the cost is high( SAR 6000), thats why i am more concerened about this.Please reply....

Mdshibin,

Who gave you the thought that a female couldn't be covered by insurance if she had already got pregnant? You are repeatedly asking the same question.

It's a main risk that they might reject, Hospitals will not object, but when your wife will visit the doctor, a pregnant file should be opened to her, and in this case they need the medical insurance company approval, and they might reject, because they will tell you that you should inform them before as 3 months are enough for a woman to know!

And if you told them they will mostly reject covering it because it happened before creating the insurance file for her.

I advise not to tell them and take the risk

Hai

Normally individual policy pregnancy is not covered more over some insurance companies are given the maternity cover policy based on their terms and condition for 2year waiting period or 9months waiting period applicable on pregnancy claim.

now you have read your policy T&C and share the policy document i will update you.

you need to read insurance policy terms. NORMALLY group policies(insurance through your company) will cover pregnancy without any condition provided you have  a family status in your employment.

If you have individually taken policy, you may be in trouble ... first you can be denied insurance cover; second not all tests can be covered in insurance.

If all goes well be prepared to have savings of SR 5,000 as this will be normal cost from 3m to normal delivery of no complications  arise.

You are asking for trouble if u do nor check the above points.

Let me know id u need any more clarification.

Couldn't help comment since I saw lot of conflicting answers :

Rule:

If dependent is covered under family status - insurance becomes mandatory for employer to provide; if not the staff has to cover the insurance

Insurance Policy:

90% of insurance companies in KSA have policies that cover individuals with "pre -existing conditions" including pregnancy. Most of the policy additions will cover that individual from the first day of inception of the policy with no reservations.

Case : Your wife is pregnant - you got a new job and changed companies and you join the new company with family benefits. Your new company gives you medical insurance while your wife is already pregnant.  The insurance company cannot reject this.

Hope this is clear.