How to get valid invitation letter ?

Hello guys I am from nigeria I want to visit serbia can any one help on how to get valid invitation letter thank you

Hi tolanijerry and welcome to Expat.com!

A new thread has been created on Serbia forum for better visibility.;)

Hope that you'll soon be enlightened.

Harmonie.

Why are you visiting Serbia? business? studies? work? :)

Well, basically, you need a letter of invitation, either private or business. I don't know how it goes with corporate letters, but if it is a private one, your friend has to go to the nearest court and fill a form, pay a fee, and get a letter which he/she can send. The issue is, inviting party (your friend) has a lot of legal and financial responsibilities related to your stay in Serbia and therefore don't expect anyone to do it for you unless they know you personally and very well. On top of that, inviting party is always being investigated by the police to make sure the invitation is a genuine one.

Another thing is, there is no direct flights from Nigeria to Serbia. Your best option is with Turkish Airlines. if you travel with any other airline (for instance Lufthansa, from Lagos or Abuja) you first need to get a valid transit visa.

Mind you, having a letter of invitation is not a guarantee whatsoever that the visa will be issued.

hi iam from iraq and i would like to visit Serbia and when i asked the embassy of Serbia in iraq they told me that i must have an invitation letter .and i dont have any friends over there and i want to know how can i get an invitation letter

Hello Mohammed,

Unless you have a (long-term) friend or family member who is either a citizen or legal permanent resident of Serbia you will not get a Letter of Invitation. Those are the ONLY two category of private individuals who can give you the Letter of Invitation.

Other than that it would need to be issued by a registered business in Serbia, which was inviting you to conduct some sort of business with them.

You won't find anyone here on Expat-blog who is willing to provide you a Letter of Invitation because of the legal obligations that are involved. Anyone who provides such a letter must guarantee; a) financial support for the "invitee" for the entire time of their stay in the country, and b) guarantee that the "invitee" will actually leave the country when their visa stay expires. Failing either there may be serious civil liability and/or criminal charges. People do not furnish such letters for absolute strangers.

Further, any false Letter of Invitation, or one that contains either false information or omits important material facts will result not only in a visa application being rejected, but also rejection of any subsequent applications. It may also result in criminal charges.

No fee may be charged for providing a Letter of Invitation, this is also a criminal offense. Also, immigrations officials will be looking for some personal / family / employer - employee relationship between the individual issuing the letter and the 'invitee" that can be proven, or the letter will not be accepted.

Regards,
James
Expat-blog Experts Team

i want to thank you bro for give me the information

@Milos Sijacki hello sir can I have your email..

@Milos Sijacki hello sir can I have your email..
-@Fabiola Ininahazwe

This is a really old inactive thread so do not expect a reply.

Before replying to a post please take the time to read and check the dates.

@James I think the Serbs must go back to school and learn more laws because it  is absolutely unprofessional to involve the Police 👮‍♀️ in invitation letters thus actually shows some sense of lacking education or an intention of racism, so the country criminalizing the invitation before the host getting it, my advice to Serbs is that this matters should be dealt with immigration board only

Hello Yahaya Balindfa,

Please note you are referring to a very old post of 2015.

I am closing this thread.

I recommend members to start their own thread should they have any questions : Serbia forum

Regards

Bhavna

[Topic Closed]

Closed