Private Schools in San Miguel de Allende, PV or Cancun?

Hello.  I am new to the forum and have a question.  My family and I are expats from Canada currently living in Belize.  We are considering a move to Mexico next year (narrowed down to San Miguel first, then a toss-up between PV or Cancun area second) and are trying to find out more information about sending our 12 year old son to school.  The "American Schools" in PV and Cancun are way out of our price range at over $8,000USD a year.  He is not fluent in Spanish (yet) but has had some Spanish classes in school here.  Problem is, Belize schools only go up to the 8th grade.  Are there any other school options in these areas?  We love San Miguel, but just can't seem to find any information on the web about schools there. Thanks in advance for any information that can be provided!

Hey there.  We are expats fro the US and live in Cancun.  I am very impressed witht he schools here.  My highschool age son goes to La Salle.  It is a bilingual school, so they do part of the day in spanish and the other in english.  The tution is around 4k USD per year, about a third of what I used to pay for private eduction in California.  It is a Catholic school and we are really happy.

You can also hire a spanish tutor for about 12 dollars per hour to get him up to speed on his spanish.  I have done that for my other children.

Hi,  I live in San Miguel de Allende and my girls, ages 13 and 15 go to Colegio Multicultural Siglo XXI.  ItŽs two years old, and has mandatory yoga as part of the cirriculum.  My girls like it a lot.  ItŽs a small school with some 8 grade school kids all in one classroom and the rest middle school and prepa.  The teachers are very good.  I give Advanced English to Prepa and Secundaria.  I have them reading books and writing.   The Advanced classes also do a blog you can check out.  siglo21mirror.blogspot.com.  IŽm the moderator.  Last weekŽs entires will be corrected this Friday so youŽll find some spelling mistakes. 

A lot of the kids in SIglo xxi are bilingual, but not all.  Some of the kids are half American, like mine.

You can contact the school for more information. 
[email protected]

The directorŽs name is Imelda.
The other option is Victoria RobbinsŽ school, taught in English and connected to Texas Tech for diploma purposes. 
Susan McKinney
sueinsanmigueldeallende.blogspot.com

In Puerto Vallarta there are several other options that are very affordable quality schools. There are two under the same owner ship , one is the British American School and the other the Anglo.hey are half day Spanish and half in English. I went to the British school and let my then six year old girl try it out. The cost is around 300 and change per month. The teachers were very dedicated and there were mostly expat children there. There are also many tutors who will work for as little as 8 an hour. It is a beautiful place to live but it's not cheap. Rentng a home can be a very good option. You can get a nice 4 bedroom house for around 1000. US dollars. The food is the big expense. It's as high as los Angeles. you can find all the local information in the online Mano a Mano, English version. Good luck. All Mexico is a delight.

I am also planning on moving to San Miguel de Allende...We are looking for schools for my 6 year old and 7 year old..I would like a bilingual school but they seem really expensive..I have looked into a couple but they charge around $4000 a year per child..I don't have that kind of money..Do you know of any less expensive school or one that we would be interested in? Thank you.

Hi  nrayas2003 !

This is an old thread.
Maybe you should try starting a new one on the Mexico forum.

Regards
Armand

Hi, my kids was in San MIguel De allende, at LA ACEDEMIA INTERNACIONAL, was a good school al all of 3, until grade 12