Arts and Crafts

Hi there

I wonder if anyone can assist with suggesting shops, preferrably in the north, where I can buy craft items. I have three daughters and we love to do crafty things. Please advise where I can get stuff for this, like googly eyes, coloured card paper, glitter etc. Thanks!

caudan craft market?

portlouis central market also can be visited.

Hi there, I can't help as I have only been in the country for 5 days! But I would love if someone can point me towards an art material supply shop - watercolour paper, canvases etc. I'm in the north. Much appreciated.

Thanks, Roisin

Hi,
Well, I can't help you with paper,paint brushes etc but if you like making things there is an excellent shop that sells beads and everything else you need to make bracelets and necklaces.It's in Curepipe. Believe me, it is well worth the trip and your eyes will light up when you walk inside.
It's called Creative Home and the phone number is 291 7650.

This is not an advert- I am just one very pleased ex-pat because someone told me about it.

Kirinyaga wrote:
Doodlemonger wrote:

Hi there, I can't help as I have only been in the country for 5 days! But I would love if someone can point me towards an art material supply shop - watercolour paper, canvases etc. I'm in the north. Much appreciated.

Thanks, Roisin

Hi Roisin

There are lots of local artists here in Mauritius so they have to get their materials from somewhere on the island. I'd like to know the answer to your question too. Can anyone help us?
:)

julien,with regards to this post(and to share info without  making it look like advertising) can i post the names of two shops that may help?

For basic supplies (canvasses, brushes, paints etc) try Grand Baie Bookstore - they are on Sotisse Rd - just ask someone for directions.

For a greater range (and better quality though also higher prices!) - you'll need to go to Trianon Shopping Centre (near Quatre Borne) - I don't know the name of the shop, but if I recall correctly, they are to the right of the entrance to Shoprite supermarket.

If you find anywhere better, please post, as I'm also interested.
Veronique

VeroniqueL wrote:

For basic supplies (canvasses, brushes, paints etc) try Grand Baie Bookstore - they are on Sotisse Rd - just ask someone for directions.

For a greater range (and better quality though also higher prices!) - you'll need to go to Trianon Shopping Centre (near Quatre Borne) - I don't know the name of the shop, but if I recall correctly, they are to the right of the entrance to Shoprite supermarket.

If you find anywhere better, please post, as I'm also interested.
Veronique

Thanks for those two places, Veronique. If I find anywhere else I'll let you know.:)

alisa_ram wrote:

julien,with regards to this post(and to share info without  making it look like advertising) can i post the names of two shops that may help?

Hi Alisa

Please would you inbox me these two shops, if you don't  think you can post them on the forum.
Thanks.

My friend tells me she gets bits and bobs to do with crafts/card making at the market in Quatre B.

Also there is a little craft shop at the Vanilla Bean Cafe in Black River )

Kirinyaga

check your inbox!

Hi Alisa, can you inbox me these two shops too, as I am interested as well.
Thanks,
Oksana

Rosiewestie wrote:

My friend tells me she gets bits and bobs to do with crafts/card making at the market in Quatre B.

Hi
Thanks for the above, Rosiewestie.
Also, Alisa thanks for the message.

Rosiewestie wrote:

I there inbox me too please. Thanks for your post!

Kirinyaga wrote:
alisa_ram wrote:

Hi Alisa

Please would you inbox me these two shops, if you don't  think you can post them on the forum.
Thanks.

Hi Alisa

Please inbox me too! Thanks!

Thanks for the info everyone! Have a gr8 weekend!

I live in Tamarin (west) and have been to this art & craft store in Curepipe - on the royal road. It's called HobbyWorld. They have an excellent range of acrylic and oil paints, canvas, papers, and pretty much most of the supplies I needed. I got my Winsor & Newton paints there. Made my day. They also have outlets in Bagatelle, Rose Hill and Port-Louis - highly recommended.

you will get it in port louis at hasamal shop or art world at pheonix .

Hi,

You could check out Hobby World in Bagattelle. Seems they have painting material at a cheaper rate. They have stores at Rose Hill and Curepipe too but i do not know the exact location.

Mr. Bricolage too has a painting ware section.

Hope you find it :)

Cheers,

Sedzia

I sell beads if you need