Leaving states soon for KFSHRC

I am leaving Virginia Beach May 16 to start working in the ER at KFSHRC. Excited one min and scared the next. Trying to learn some Arabic. Looking forward to new friends and hash hound running. Just shouting out a hello to everyone. Any tips before I leave the states would be appreciated. Hard to think of what to bring for a year in only 2 suitcases and a carry on

Welcome (soon) to the Magic Kingdom!!  Some tips:

1.  Keep an open mind
2.  Keep your expectations (very) low
3.  Bring lots and lots of patience

Safe travels!! (Say hello to my uncle in VB for me!!)

Hi,

I wanted to get a job at KFSHRC in Riyadh too. I live in the states and I was wondering how the application process works. How did you apply and how did you manage to stand out? Did you get a referral? Did you call them? Do you know the hospitals recruitment centers direct contact info? How long did the process take? How long did it take for them to contact you after you have applied? I applied for an administrative position through the hospital website but I didn't  see or hear anything back yet and it's been a month so far. I'm waiting for some kind of an email (reject/offer) letter and I didn't get anything yet so I don't know what to think. I am a recent graduate and a female interested in human resources/administrative position at KFSHRC and I was wondering if they had any open positions there and who I can forward my CV directly to? I know they hire RNs a lot with at least 2 years experience. Do you also know how recent are their postings on thier website? i only see about 5 total vacant positions that they have updated. its weird that they only have those few. Please help!! I always wanted to get a job there and I would appreciate it if you answer all of those questions. I hope you are enjoying your stay there!

@Iman085

Organizations like KFSHRC with larger operations usually employee recruitment agencies to do recruitment for them. Their internal HR departments are engaged in HR/Pay-rolling matters most of the time and their Recruitment & selection teams just pick the best from pre-approved profiles provided by the Recruitment consultancies.
In order to find such contacts, I would suggest you to just Google jobs of your own choice or the jobs that match your qualifications/experience [by mentioning "Saudi Arabia" in your Google string]. And, for sure you will reach the people engaged in recruitment for Saudi Arabia.

And then good luck :)

omamar1228 wrote:

I am leaving Virginia Beach May 16 to start working in the ER at KFSHRC. Excited one min and scared the next. Trying to learn some Arabic. Looking forward to new friends and hash hound running. Just shouting out a hello to everyone. Any tips before I leave the states would be appreciated. Hard to think of what to bring for a year in only 2 suitcases and a carry on

Welcome

Don't beat your self up with Arabic; it is hardly required.

please keep the hash and related discussions to "appropriate" quarters only (which there are plenty).

One thing you might want to do while you are in the US is to keep your postal address and user forwarding. Apparently there is some provision whereby you can have online purchased stuff delivered to your US address which is forwarded to Saudi Address at a minimal charge. Believe me you WILL need this; ebay is a useful hobby here.

Enjoy your stay.