What is the time required for labour clearence in oman

Hi,

I have received an offer letter from reputed company in oman in last week of jan. After that they had asked me to get attestation for my degree certificate. I have completed the same in first week of march. In the meanwhile I have asked them for an advice on my resignation and the HR person informed me I can resign after accepting offer letter and I have done so. As the latest information received from them they are yet to get an labour clearence and they are asking me to wait finger crossed. I am very wooried since I have resigned here. Request you to advice me on my below queries...

What is the time limit to get labour clearence even considering all the worst scenario?

Is there any chances of labour clearence is being denied and if so what is the next option for me...?

Awaiting for the reply from forum members?

My friend!
You did a blunder and a big mistake by resigning from your current employer. It is generally advised to all the people, not to resign from their company untill and unless the visa is not in hand. Anyway, you have no option now else than wait for the visa. It depends upon how good is your company to obtain the visa for you. I'll suggest you to keep in contact with the HR on weekly basis. Best of luck brother!

swordmanju wrote:

Hi,

I have received an offer letter from reputed company in oman in last week of jan. After that they had asked me to get attestation for my degree certificate. I have completed the same in first week of march. In the meanwhile I have asked them for an advice on my resignation and the HR person informed me I can resign after accepting offer letter and I have done so. As the latest information received from them they are yet to get an labour clearence and they are asking me to wait finger crossed. I am very wooried since I have resigned here. Request you to advice me on my below queries...

What is the time limit to get labour clearence even considering all the worst scenario?

Is there any chances of labour clearence is being denied and if so what is the next option for me...?

Awaiting for the reply from forum members?

Hi swordmanju,

It has been repeatedly told and advised in this forum NOT to resign from your job until and unless you get your Omani employment visa in hand.

This is because Labour Clearance is not at all easy to come by these days, given the strict Omanisation rules and regulations.

Having resigned, all that you can do now is to hope and pray that your company (however reputed they might be) manages to get the required clearance and is able to apply for your employment visa soon. How long it will take is anybody's guess.

Good luck.

A similar case happened last week in an engineering firm, where a person (From India) was interviewed and selected. The offer letter and all formalities were completed, however the employement visa was rejected from the ministry of man-power due to the reason they stated that this post can be filled with an Omani national.
That indian fellow excitedly resigned from his company in India and now he is in nowhere else to struggle back again to his ex-company.