Indians Nikah in Saudi

Salam Alekum everyone

I really need soem help/authentic information about marriage and iqama transfer.

We are Indians. My fiance has an Azad visa with profession "Construction Labour". He has a valid Iqama. I am 22 years old and I live with my parents and I am a iqama holder.

From what I have read We can easily get married here but what I would like to know is that ...
1. Can I be easily transferred to my husband's iqama irrespective of his visa profession?
2. Does he need to have a family visa to live with me?
3. He is on a temporary job. He has not transferred his iqama to his company yet. Can we still get married and live together even if he loses his job?

Quick and clear reply would be highly appreciated.

Hello salray.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

You will surely find some answers by browsing the other threads on the Riyadh forum.

Thank you,
Aurélie

I believe there were other posts here in the forum regarding getting married in KSA. You could search for them here as additional reference.

Answer to your questions.

1. Your husband would need to change his iqama profession from Labor. Then only he can add you (legally) as spouse. If not the work around solution is to seek other channels (pay).
2. No need to approach again for family visa since this process in your case is done internally.
3. Yes you can once married , I hope losing the job part is not required.

Hope this helps.

Thank you very much for prompt replies.how to change profession on Visa? How much does it cost? Does it require transfer to company or something? His iqama is not transferable for a year.

You said there is other way ( to pay) ... How much to pay? What is the process exactly?

salray wrote:

Thank you very much for prompt replies.how to change profession on Visa? How much does it cost? Does it require transfer to company or something? His iqama is not transferable for a year.

You said there is other way ( to pay) ... How much to pay? What is the process exactly?

Sorry for not responding earlier.

In order to change the profession in his iqama he needs to get his bachelors certificate attested from Saudi Embassy in India and then ask his company / or outside agency for profession change. Normal charge is SAR.1,000/- Govt fees for the profession change. No need for transfer to another company required, could be done under the same sponsor.

The other solution, I would not recommend this personally, but if you are desperate, you could find agents outside who will do all of these for you for a price. The cost depends on service and the guy and last I know it used to cost around SAR.10,000/- at least without the fees for the Govt.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply. So the only problem is changing profession on his iqama.
His bachelor certificates have been attested by Indian Embassy and not Saudi Embassy. He can not transfer to any other company for a year. He has to stay under kafeel's sponsorship for an year.

Can he just get a letter from his company about his work details and submit his certificates to his kafeel here or to the Saudi embassy or MOFA and get his profession changed??

What is ur advice overall? Is it better to get married here or in India? Which is less complicated and less costly??

Thank u very much.

salray wrote:

Thanks for the reply. So the only problem is changing profession on his iqama.
His bachelor certificates have been attested by Indian Embassy and not Saudi Embassy. He can not transfer to any other company for a year. He has to stay under kafeel's sponsorship for an year.

Can he just get a letter from his company about his work details and submit his certificates to his kafeel here or to the Saudi embassy or MOFA and get his profession changed??

What is ur advice overall? Is it better to get married here or in India? Which is less complicated and less costly??

Thank u very much.

There are lot of work around solutions. Since you are an iqama holder you can get married here and then you can stay with your husband even without adding you (but this is not highly advisable since you could get into trouble with muttawa's , your husband may need to carry always a copy of nikah certificate and permission from your father for you)

As for attestation, send the certificate to any good travel agent in Muimbai and he can get it attested for you from the Saudi Embassy. Once received he can change his profession, wait for 6 month, apply for family visa.

As to where to get married, does not matter since both places - what you need eventually is marraige certificate.

If you go through this forum you will know more details as to getting married locally.