Internet in Bahrain

hi there

i have zain broadband at home

since there was no network on wireless device zain had put an antena on my roof top

now since i want to change my accomodation and shift the internet
i called zain and they are asking me to pay 25 dinar

can anyone advice me what can i do

The place you are moving to might have Zain coverage already - so you might not need to move the antenna.

no my new flat is far away from my current one

and i have a wired network from my wireless antena which is on roof top

I would cancel my account with Zain and get a Menatelecom box. This is totally portable so if you have electricity you have wi-fi. I took mine into hospital with me. Took it to Al-Dar and it worked perfectly. Lots of packages available. I have the 40BD totally unlimited download @ 9mb/sec package and can download a film in about 2 hours max.

but for cancelling an account zain is asking 25 BD as termination charges :-(

I think Zain is the same as Menatelecom - as with VIVA. They all work on the GSM networks, so they are portable. That's why you don't need to cancel it. Just take the wifi box with you, plug it on the wall and it should technically work if you have ZAIN coverage.

fyi zain has 2 routers

1. it is wireless router

2. antena router where in they place antenae on roof top and wire is attached from antena to router and later that internet can b shared by wifi or ethernet

usually they fix the second one where there is no network coverage due to congested bldgs etc

I guess the answer is that you pay the 25bd to have it moved or just forget it and start again with a new company?

I guess Scottrace missed that part :

crazydroid4u wrote:

but for cancelling an account zain is asking 25 BD as termination charges :-(

Moving the antenna = 25 BHD - Cancelling the account = 25 BHD...
Dilemma dilemma...

Don't be too fast to change your provider... I have tons of stories of people who changed because they were told by friends that their provider was fantastic but just a block away, the situation can be totally different. Weight everything before (particularly the cancellation part !) before signing.

Cheers

Olivier

Yes - sorry I did realise after.

There seems there is nothing that can be done - I assume you have checked the contract you have with them - the 25bd has to be paid regardless but if you change provider I guess you will have to pay set up charges?

i dont want to change the provider just want to shift the connection to one area to another area