Saudi Expatriate's visa requirements for UAE.

Hi All,

I have been to UAE twice in last 14 months once through Batha border by road and once by air, both times; I got on-arrival visist visa without a glitch. My profession type is not the question here.

I have heard a new rumour that Saudi Expatriates wanting to enter UAE with on-arrival visit visa should have Iqama expiry in more than 6 months and not less, otherwise they will be denied entry.

Please anyone can confirm this as I'm planning to visit UAE and my iqama expires in 4 months. Not sure what to do, iqama will not be renewed unless 1 month expiry is left on it by employer.

regards,
Haroon.

@ Haroon!
The best way is to call UAE Embassy/Consulate in KSA and get your query done.

Dear Hussain,

Thanks a lot. Reason for posting here was that nobody was picking up the phone in UAE embassy in Riyadh or they were unable to speak in English. Finally, I did got through with someone and was able to communicate successfully.

Answer: At the time of arrival on UAE visa, one should have Iqama valid for 3+ months!. (confirmed today with an embassy employee in KSA! i.e. 26 Sept 2012)

harooon wrote:

Dear Hussain,

Thanks a lot. Reason for posting here was that nobody was picking up the phone in UAE embassy in Riyadh or they were unable to speak in English. Finally, I did got through with someone and was able to communicate successfully.

Answer: At the time of arrival on UAE visa, one should have Iqama valid for 3+ months!. (confirmed today with an embassy employee in KSA! i.e. 26 Sept 2012)

Be careful. I doubt this applies to all nationalities.

Hope this is the right topic I am posting in.
Somewhere I've read that if you're Saudi expat, i.e if you've got iqama, you don't need a visa to visit UAE and other countries of the Middle East - is that right or wrong?

mkdevojche wrote:

Hope this is the right topic I am posting in.
Somewhere I've read that if you're Saudi expat, i.e if you've got iqama, you don't need a visa to visit UAE and other countries of the Middle East - is that right or wrong?

Wrong,
if you have Iqama, and proper profesion (engineer, doctor, manager) it is possible to get visa on the border of any GCC country.

Hi Haroon,

Even i have exact same requirement i.e., need to visit dubai this december with Iqama expiring in 4 months (April 2013).. So just need to be assured that the update of 3+ months of Iqama validity can be relied on ??  Please confirm...

Thanks in advance

//BR

Hello Taj,

I checked by calling batha/sila bored twice and found both times that with my profession, they would grant me visa if my iqama expiry is more than 3 months or 90 days. I have heard horror stories of guys returning even within 6 months of iqama expiry. therefore i postponed my plans and went somewhere else and shall go again with a renewed iqama. Problem is that iqama cannot be renewed before 90 days by 'maktab al-amal'.  So reach border with iqama expiry in 91+ days (w.r.t iqama expiry in gregorian and Not hijri dates).

hope this helps...

HI

Please call the number 00971 4707 5222 this is the number of UAE immigration office and they can provide you more details.

strangerinthemiddle wrote:

HI

Please call the number 00971 4707 5222 this is the number of UAE immigration office and they can provide you more details.

Hi guys, if you are successful in going to Dubai b/w 3 & 6 months of Iqama expiry pls share so that everyone can benefit out of it.

I want to visit Dubai through Bhatta border, my 4 months old baby has manual passport will they accept and will give the visa?

I have a question related to this topic.. Do we need exit/ re-entry visa or any kind of letter from Sponsor to enter UAE? or is Iqama and passport enough to enter UAE or Just Iqama is enough to enter? ( Considering having Iqama validity more than 6 months and visit visa on arrival at the border ). Please suggest.

Hi Kiran,

1. You will definitely need a passport to enter another country! :)

2. Second most import asset to carry would be the iqama itself of appropriate (i.e. white collar job) profession (e.g. Engineer, Doctor, Accountant, Manager etc.)

3. Exit/Re-Entry visa for sure, as this is an international travel and you'd be leaving KSA. Therefore, exit/re-entry visa is a must.

3. Iqama validity with more than 3+ months.

4. No need for a letter from employer/sponsor.

kiran_2501 wrote:

I have a question related to this topic.. Do we need exit/ re-entry visa or any kind of letter from Sponsor to enter UAE? or is Iqama and passport enough to enter UAE or Just Iqama is enough to enter? ( Considering having Iqama validity more than 6 months and visit visa on arrival at the border ). Please suggest.

No letter from sponsor required. You must have a 'white-collar' profession on the Iqama (a photocopy is advised to carry along).

More info here (For Indian nationals): https://www.timaticweb.com/cgi-bin/tim_ … er=SKYWEB1

Thanks for the message.

I want to visit Abu Dhabi with my Family by April 2013 for 4 days.

My visa category in KSA is Electrical Engineer.

Do I need a need to arrange a visa in the Consulate of UAE in Jeddah.

Thanks

Joseph

Dear All,

I am also similar situation... want to visit dubai next week. My profession is engineer but worried for iqama validity since it is 4months and not 6+ months as somebody quoted.
Please share anybody, who recently visited and obtained on arrival visa for the iqama validity. Is 3+ months validity is okay or 6+ is new rule?????????

please advise.

I checked by phoning the UAE border (Sila/Salwa) twice and they said with iqama having a validity of more than 3+ months is not an issue with them in issuing a visa. Eventually, my plans were changed and I went after renewing the iqama.

harooon wrote:

Hello Taj,

I checked by calling batha/sila bored twice and found both times that with my profession, they would grant me visa if my iqama expiry is more than 3 months or 90 days. I have heard horror stories of guys returning even within 6 months of iqama expiry. therefore i postponed my plans and went somewhere else and shall go again with a renewed iqama. Problem is that iqama cannot be renewed before 90 days by 'maktab al-amal'.  So reach border with iqama expiry in 91+ days (w.r.t iqama expiry in gregorian and Not hijri dates).

hope this helps...

Iqama could be renewed with at least 6 months to spare. It depends on how well connected is the company's Government Relation dept.
i had mine done with 6 months to spare and i wasn't even pushing for it.

As you know there are no well defined and regulated rules. You can have anything done, if "they" are willing to get it done ;)

Got it renewed 6+ months before time? too good for you! accept my heartiest congratulation.

General public browsing here to seek information/insight into generalized public rules, regulations and policies can't avail the services of your specific company's government relation's team to override 'general' norms pertaining to iqama renewal in particular.

Hi Gents,

I just recently enter UAE with IQAMA validity < 6 months, about 5 months last february. I entered twice without any problem. But I did have problem with one airlines that in the check in they didn't want to carry me and created a big inconvenience and big loss, as I had to buy a new ticket in last minute with airlines that ok to carry me. I asked directorate of General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs-Dubai in the airport once I came in, they said it was ok to have 3-6 months validity and they will see the person and the purpose of the visit. but then, recently I called DNRD (8005111) while I was in UAE, they said I had to have 6 months validity. I really don't know which one is right or wrong, but anyway, I entered with < 6months validity, if the rule is true, why I could entered the country..

Regards,

WA

soccerer_one wrote:

Hi Gents,

I just recently enter UAE with IQAMA validity < 6 months, about 5 months last february. I entered twice without any problem. But I did have problem with one airlines that in the check in they didn't want to carry me and created a big inconvenience and big loss, as I had to buy a new ticket in last minute with airlines that ok to carry me. I asked directorate of General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs-Dubai in the airport once I came in, they said it was ok to have 3-6 months validity and they will see the person and the purpose of the visit. but then, recently I called DNRD (8005111) while I was in UAE, they said I had to have 6 months validity. I really don't know which one is right or wrong, but anyway, I entered with < 6months validity, if the rule is true, why I could entered the country..

Regards,

WA

International visa regulations stipulate that your passport should have at least 6 months validity before entering another country.

Same applies here as well and the rule of thumb is - 6 months validity. But its not enforced some times since it causes inconvenience for some and hence on case by case basis / or based on factors like duration of stay / purpose of visit  / availability of embassy of the visitor etc some times the visa is issued with even less than 6 months but with at least a validity of 3 months.

Same applies for visa when visiting GCC. Rule of thumb is at least 6 months validity in your residence permit.

Hi HRGuru,

Thanks for your reply. I would like to ask for your further advise pertaining this issue. It may not be your cup of tea, but i really need your help.
I'm trying to get a refund from the first airlines (who rejected me), as they cause me loss more than $2000 to find a new ticket and accommodation. Not to mention the stress and emotional distress they have had caused. But unfortunately, when I asked for a full refund they told me that it's considered as a no show reservation (even though i was there) and i can't get a full refund.

The next day, I was able to get into UAE without any issue. My profession in Iqama is an Engineer, purpose of visit for the first few days is for holidays and the next few weeks is for working purpose.
My passport is still valid until 2017, so i guess this is not the issue.

I agree with you as i've checked with the Foreign Affairs department at Dubai airport, that they will consider the visa application even though iqama validity is between 3-6 months.

It's just that I'm not sure what to do next to get my refund back, as it is quite a large sum of money for me. Any advice? thank you in advance.

soccerer_one wrote:

Hi HRGuru,

Thanks for your reply. I would like to ask for your further advise pertaining this issue. It may not be your cup of tea, but i really need your help.
I'm trying to get a refund from the first airlines (who rejected me), as they cause me loss more than $2000 to find a new ticket and accommodation. Not to mention the stress and emotional distress they have had caused. But unfortunately, when I asked for a full refund they told me that it's considered as a no show reservation (even though i was there) and i can't get a full refund.

The next day, I was able to get into UAE without any issue. My profession in Iqama is an Engineer, purpose of visit for the first few days is for holidays and the next few weeks is for working purpose.
My passport is still valid until 2017, so i guess this is not the issue.

I agree with you as i've checked with the Foreign Affairs department at Dubai airport, that they will consider the visa application even though iqama validity is between 3-6 months.

It's just that I'm not sure what to do next to get my refund back, as it is quite a large sum of money for me. Any advice? thank you in advance.

I am afraid on the refund issue I cannot shed more light. As far as I know the airlines go by the 6 month rule as they are advised by the foreign ministry's. Imagine you visit a country and get stuck there (can happen these days with "Spring" revolutions happening) and in this case airlines will be responsible if you have a return ticket to bail you out.

So in order to avoid a bigger law suit than cancellation / no show / refund against cancellation or loss of visa / residence permit the airlines guard themselves by clinging to the 6 month rule.

In your case your options are pretty straight forward.

If they don't refund due to no show - ask them for another seat with same airline on a future date you wish to travel on the same segment.

Hope this helps.

Or realize you didn't do your due diligence and did it to yourself?

I see no airline at fault here

Why would airline risk you taking there on the hope of you getting an on-arrival visa vis-a-vis iqama validity clause, which never is black/white but always in a grey area?

Lastly, one way ticket (RUH-DXB) is not more than US$200, which would be even cheaper from Dammam. First night in a 5-star hotel at average  would cost you another ~US$250, as they charge only the first night if you had cancelled your booking, unfortunately its not summing to 2000.

Therefore, one fails to understand how you lost $2000 only if you had accompanying travelers and you bought 10 tickets, which is even more obnoxious as why would a traveler spend a large sum of money without first sorting his/her visa with the travel agent or the airline itself where you bought your ticket from.

Hey.... i just visited dubai.... with an iqama validity of 20 days...... i got visa on arrival at the dubai international airport....

@ Haroon,

I didn't go from saudi, I went from south east.

I see, no point of taking a risk to carry me.

I do have GRO in damman and abu dhabi. Checked with them, they said it was ok. And exit abu dhabi @ 10th feb, checked with DNRD.AE in airport, it was ok.  And wanted to enter again two weeks later. so i don't see anything related with my diligence. Bad luck with the airline I guess.

I tried to get written rules about it and they send me this twice

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting Amer.

Further to your below email, please be informed that the GCC resident “high qualified professions” can get the visa upon arrival valid for 30 days and renewable for the similar period.

your passport, you can get the visa upon arrival only with the below conditions:
Exceeded 6 months with the GCC Residence since its date of issue.
Your passport should be valid for more than 6 months and your GCC residence visa as well.
Should you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

It seems, the iqama needs to be valid for 6 months as well. I wonder, how about the 2nd iqama, does it need to be after 6th months as well?
so for two years iqama, it seems like you can only go in between 1 year of your validity :o
I did have another experience when entering uae with my passport <6 months but my iqama validity is ok, I entered with no problem.
But never risk it, just like everyone says.

I asked amer one more time about this by email, and refer to some people who can enter with < 6 months validity, and that I actually checked with the DNRD at airport that said it was ok to enter with GCC residence 3-6 months validity, they will see the purpose etc. but they replied

"Further to your below email, kindly find below the contact numbers for Dubai Airport Immigration Office as they are concerned about such issues and you can follow up with them through:

"
would be nice actually to get what they said written.

just want to share. :)

As per 2013 march rule, sauid expatriates should have valid iqama (original) with 6 months validity minimum els eyou will not get boarding pass ONLY for Abudhabi.

no copy is acceptable any more

(ONLY for dubai and sharjah copy of iqama is OK)

thanks

Abbas march 2013

Dear Sir

Good day to you!

I just would like to inquire regarding my plan of going to dubai
currently i am working here in Dammam Saudi Arabia for 7 years running, and now im planning to go exit and i have been advise by a friend that i can enter Dubai with Visit VISA (1 month) that will give me time to search for a job.

Now i would like to know what will be the requirements or other government related documents that i need to provide from here aside from Visit VISA from Dubai for me to able to enter Dubai without any conflicts or inconsistency.

Hoping to get answer from you soon...

Thanks a lot and more power

Respectfully yours;

Mojud0926

ofcourse you should have 6 months iqama validity minimum, if not u can travel to UAE. if less, contact your sponsor to guide you or UAE embassy in saudi

If you are leaving KSA on final exit and then planning to visit UAE, you will not get visa on entry. You might need to apply for a visit visa before with the embassy. Visa on entry is given to GCC residents with an iqama validity of at least 6 months.

Dear HRGURU

actually i have relatives in Dubai currently working there and they are the one who will process my entry VISIT visa my question is will that visit VISA will allow me to enter dubai,or once i received the VISA from Dubai, do i need to process documents here in Saudi and what would be the procedures.

thanks

mojud0926

Mojud0926 wrote:

Dear HRGURU

actually i have relatives in Dubai currently working there and they are the one who will process my entry VISIT visa my question is will that visit VISA will allow me to enter dubai,or once i received the VISA from Dubai, do i need to process documents here in Saudi and what would be the procedures.

thanks

mojud0926

I realize you did not address your question to me but I will give this a shot.  As you had mentioned on your earlier post, you will be going out of the KSA on a final exit.  So building on that - if you want to go to the UAE, then as a Philippine national (based on your profile), you will need a visa to get into the UAE.  If I were in your shoes, I would contact the UAE Embassy here in the Kingdom and figure out what the requirements are. 

Good luck!!

if ur relatives already got the visa and if u have the copy u can travel with that copy to  dubaifrom KSA.

make sure that ur relative submitted the originals to airport before you reach dubai so that emigration in dubai will allow you to move out of airport(hope this procedure is known to ur relative)

Dear Sir

Thanks for the info

farzabbas wrote:

if ur relatives already got the visa and if u have the copy u can travel with that copy to  dubaifrom KSA.

make sure that ur relative submitted the originals to airport before you reach dubai so that emigration in dubai will allow you to move out of airport(hope this procedure is known to ur relative)

The only thing I can say about the above comment is - be very clear on what your relatives actually have!!!!  I am a bit leary about giving advise without clearly knowing what you have on hand.  Hhat you do not want to have happen is to be stuck at the airport with a piece of paper which you THINK might be a visa when it MIGHT only be an invitation letter from your relatives.

Dear Sir Farzabbas

is there a need/requirements for me to process that Copy of VISA to a certain government here in Saudi to support that documents ?

would it preferable if my relative can send to me the original VISA to present it to the immigration in UAE or my relatives are the  one responsible to present the original VISA to airport, as i do worry if i am only carrying a copy of the VISA.

this is the first time i will be doing a cross country if incase,
so i would definetely want to have smooth way and not to end up somewhere else..

thank you

mojoud0926

Dear Sir

I will keep that in mind, once i got that VISA/docs from my relative soon i'll get in touch and inform, from there i will get a clear solution.

i'll be keeping this blog

thanks a lot

sincerely yours

Mojud0926